6.5 Creedmore or .308 Win. ?

Picked up my gun yesterday. The fit and finish is really good on this gun. Bedded lug and tang. Put a 4x14x40 Vortex tactical on it. Raining today. But showing sunny tomorrow cant wait to shoot it. Cabelas was sold out of 6.5 creed dies and had no RE 26. They said they have some on order and have had on order for 3 weeks but no delivery. Guy said its just crazy how many 6.5 creedmore they sale. Since no reloading supplys i bought 2 boxes of Winchester 142gr accubonds. Not very speedy though box shows 2700.
Try RL19 and I think you'll be very happy. Dies and powder are both available at Midwayusa and Brownells or they were yesterday at least.

What would happen if Hornady brought out a 308 creedmoor?
Could you imagine the post that would create!
Inside 500 not much difference. Beyond creed has the edge.
But nothing earth shattering. But ever bit helps
Love this forum
God bless
Dustin

I believe the creedmoors parent cartridge is the 30tc, so it already exists...but I'm not sure you could find brass for it?

6.5 Creedmoor. Less recoil, flatter shooting, better in the wind.

If/when you get bored with the rifle, you'd probably get more money out of the Creedmoor.
disagree with your last point. 6.5cm may be popular in the long range world it is still MUCH less popular than a 308 to the general public. Id think he would get more money and a faster sale with a 308.

The hazmat fees suck.
I try to get a few guys together and place a big order and split the hazmat fee. It's usually cheaper for me to order online and pay hazmat then to buy a few pounds at a time locally. Brownells has a free shipping and free hazmat once in a while.

I believe the creedmoors parent cartridge is the 30tc, so it already exists...but I'm not sure you could find brass for it?

There is a precedent for renaming failed cartridges for the sake of marketing. Not saying it should happen here, but it has been done before and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again.

Shot 6 rounds today. 3 sighting in and 3 for group at 100yds. Had winchester 142gr accubond LR. Group measured .491 MOA. I believe she will be a shooter for sure.
20171220_113020.jpg

The hazmat fees suck.
Yep, but if you buy 8+ pounds at a time, and you divide it up equally amongst how many pounds of powder you're buying, then it's still going to be cheaper than getting in your car and driving to the store and paying taxes on that much powder, after their markup, and adding in their own hazmat charges passing it on to you (the consumer). Once I did the math, I started buying powder online, almost exclusively, unless I only need a pound here and there, or it's something I don't use much, and only use 1 pound at at time...Then I'll stop by hte local store when I'm nearby and pick one up. Primers are also cheaper if you buy bricks of them online instead of at my local store. Local store wants $50+ tax, online it's like $37 + partial hazmat fee, still way cheaper.

View attachment 86121

Sorry, but you're wrong. This is from my hornady reloading manual. 6.5 creed based off the 30 tc
Then apparently the "TC" cartridge (which seems like a name ripoff of the "TCU" -Thompson/Center Ugalde cartridges based off the .223 Rem) was something that never even made any waves in the wildcat world in the slightest bit. Like was said before, swap a few things, give something a fancy name, stick a good marketing campaign on it, and BOOM! you have a winner, even if it was previously unknown.

Oh well...Life goes on, and you learn something new.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.