6.5 creedmore

Are we seriously still doing the creed shaming?
It's a 6.5mm cartridge, there's a few more, but most manufacturers sell rifles in that cartridge. Your going to see a lot of different people using it. You gotta find the strength to deal with it if you're going to participate in the shooting community.
Dinosaurs couldn't adapt to change either.

Last edited:
Marketing makes the 6.5 Creedmoor seem magical and their are folks who take it past it's intended boundaries as with most anything. Wyo37 put it very well IMO, the Creedmoor is just an optimization of many shooting factors, high BC moderate weight bullets with minimal recoil and properly twisted barrels. I do like the cartridge, but I don't have a man-bun, and personally I don't really care if someone has a man-bun or not, to each his own.

First off, the 6.5 creedmoor isn't really close to a 243. The 6.5's bore size is the next step up at .264. You should learn at least the basics of a cartridge before you hate it.

For the many reasons already listed above it is a great cartridge.

If what you are really saying is you hate people that are hunting unethically with the cartridge, then that's something different. Unfortunately there is a large group of people that enjoy claiming how they can shoot the biggest game at the furthest distance with the smallest cartridge. Now that I hate. I don't know why its becoming so popular lately...

I beat the crap out of the 1200 yard plate at the range. 45 grains of powder and a 147. No sore shoulder. I'm sold, have been for several years now.
Thinking of growing a mullet…
Mullets are back in, wish I still had mine. I'm guessing the powder your using is RL26. I shoot the 147 with MR 4000, but I'm hearing through the grapevine that 4000 might not be around anymore.

We have been shooting the 6.5-08 since the 90s. Then Remington came out with the .260 Remington in 1997. The biggest fault with marketing the .260 was that Remington was making their barrel twist 1:9 and there was no factory ammo with the exception of 140s and 130s if you could find them. Some of us long range shooters got (had the 6.5-08) the 260 and reloaded with every 6.5 (.264) bullets from 100 gr to 140s. Then we started to make our own rifles with the chamber in .260 and 1:8 barrels with 140 gr bullets. Great sucess with this caliber for hunting and 1k shooting.
Then came Hornady and with their extensive MARKETING Abilities they jumped on the 6.5 cartridge . The .260 Remington and decided that Hornady could introduce a "NEW" Cartridge to take the market over. -WHICH they did very effetely. Made a cartridge like the .260 and chambered rifles in 1:8 twist AND produced factory ammo for the CREED!
Now the beginning of a new story!
The 6.5mm Creedmoor, designated 6.5 Creedmoor by SAAMI, 6.5 Creedmoor by the C.I.P. or 6.5 CM or 6.5 CRDMR for short, is a centerfire rifle cartridge introduced by Hornady in 2007. It was developed by Hornady senior ballistics scientist Dave Emary in partnership with Dennis DeMille, the vice-president of product development at Creedmoor Sports, hence the name. The cartridge is a necked-down modification of the.30 Thompson Center.
Then a beginning of many more stories.
Hornady with their superior Marketing Skills/Abilities started the "CREED EVOLUTION" Now all previous cartridges that were made by Remington or other manufactures would be subjected to a slight change in the cartridge design and then named with a "CREED" sur name.
6.5 Creedmoor (.260 Remington)
6mm Creedmoor -(243 Winchester)
25 Creedmoor
22 Creedmoor
284 Creedmoor
30 Creedmoor
8mm Creedmoor
338 Creedmoor
Any rifle you build in the future should have a caliber with the "Creedmoor" name in it.
It is sure to be a winner, but you do have to have a "ManBun" or a clip on Bun!
If you are a female there is no discrimination. You could just put your hair in a Bun!
Edit: I think now the Man Bun is acceptable, but the Mullet/Manbun is coming into fasion.

Last edited:
The one thing I haven't heard anyone meantion is how Hornady standardized a match free bore diameter for the creedmoor which they also repeated for the 6.5prc and 300prc. This makes it easier for a rookie to be accurate with factory ammo. This is because in a standard cartridge like the 30-06 or 300wm there is a lot of slop allowed in the freebore area for the bullet to jiggle around whilst it's waiting to be jammed down the barrel by the exploding powder. In theory how much jiggle you have contributes to the chance that your bullet will be going down the barrel slightly off center leading to the wobbling football affect or at least a disruption in natural barrel harmonics. Of course any caliber of gun can have a match(tight) freeborn diameter but nobody has ever registered a cartridge that way as a standard with Saami before. These factory tighter chambers are leading to the idea that the caliber is more accurate and better for long range.

Recent Posts