6.5 creedmore

The issue isn't the CM, it's some of the people who won't give it a rest assigning it magical powers it can't possibly possess.

It's a ballistic twin to the Swede and 260 Remington, a mild/moderate velocity 6.5 that's great for such things as dinging steel and shooting small to medium sized game out to 500yds, and in the right hands loaded with the right bullet, put in the right place at short to moderate ranges can do even more.

Like a whole lot of rounds it's certainly earned a place in a whole lot of gun cabinets and safes but it doesn't do half the miraculous things claimed by many.
What I like about the creedson is the dedicated following ,and the the new people it has brought into shooting, it has probably helped the gun economy from ammo to scopes to rifles tripods ,shooting sticks , packs , Binos ,Just to name a few.
I like to think it will help with gun politics, for everyone.
Another thing I like about the ,Creedson ,is how fired up people get when someone says anything about it ,that they don't agree with.

What I like about the creedson is the dedicated following ,and the the new people it has brought into shooting, it has probably helped the gun economy from ammo to scopes to rifles tripods ,shooting sticks , packs , Binos ,Just to name a few.
I like to think it will help with gun politics, for everyone.
Another thing I like about the ,Creedson ,is how fired up people get when someone says anything about it ,that hey don't agree with.
I agree on it bringing a lot of people to the sport. The problem is they're competing for the same limited reloading resources the rest of us are. 🤣

The issue isn't the CM, it's some of the people who won't give it a rest assigning it magical powers it can't possibly possess.

It's a ballistic twin to the Swede and 260 Remington, a mild/moderate velocity 6.5 that's great for such things as dinging steel and shooting small to medium sized game out to 500yds, and in the right hands loaded with the right bullet, put in the right place at short to moderate ranges can do even more.

Like a whole lot of rounds it's certainly earned a place in a whole lot of gun cabinets and safes but it doesn't do half the miraculous things claimed by many.
This is exactly the issue. I love my creed but boy I get sick of people sometimes.
I'm not even kidding. At cabelas guy says he's heading to CO for elk. Asks for a big enough calibers. Guys behind counter says creedmore. I'm like ok I've used mine for that. So I'm listening. Guys says no. My friend says .300 win mag is what he recommends.
Guy behind counter said well the creedmore is exactly the same at 1000 as the 300 win mag.
At that point I had to stop him and explain to both that he was wrong. It may have the same drop but the payload at the end is very different. I hate doing that but couldn't let him send a new hunter after elk with a creedmore and more than likely crappy ammo.

Why do people keep calling it the Creedson in this thread?
The word Creedson is Just a nickname I started using because I didn't like the other nicknames that I read in different posts.
I knew if I started using it , some would get fired up ,some would laugh, some would shake their head, others would think ( who's this nut job ) ?

I have also named the movement :

Creedson Clearwater Revival

I was honestly shocked and really didn't wanna sour the guys trip. Imagine being new hunter and showing up to elk camp and getting the look from the guide or others.
I actually saw that with happen.
Good friend showed up to experience hunting. Guide was a total sac. Didn't try to locate a wounded animal she. It clearly hit the ground. And was blaming the caliber.
Soured the guy from good hunts.
We need to help these people out. More hunters means more people help pass rule and regulations that are actually correct.

This is exactly the issue. I love my creed but boy I get sick of people sometimes.
I'm not even kidding. At cabelas guy says he's heading to CO for elk. Asks for a big enough calibers. Guys behind counter says creedmore. I'm like ok I've used mine for that. So I'm listening. Guys says no. My friend says .300 win mag is what he recommends.
Guy behind counter said well the creedmore is exactly the same at 1000 as the 300 win mag.
At that point I had to stop him and explain to both that he was wrong. It may have the same drop but the payload at the end is very different. I hate doing that but couldn't let him send a new hunter after elk with a creedmore and more than likely crappy ammo.
The least knowledgeable and competent people in the sport or industry unfortunately tend to be the folks working in the gun/ammo/sporting goods sections at major retailers, particularly Cabela's and Bass Pro.

It's really a tragedy and travesty.

Here's my take on it. I shoot a 6.5 creed at 600 yrd PRS matches regularly. I have shot over 3000 rounds with this gun. It is a .5 moa shooter. Every year I take this rifle Pronghorn hunting. My hunting buddy and I doubled on goats at 765 two seasons ago and doubled at 650 and 400 this past season. Because it is low recoil , I shoot a lot, not so with my 7STW. However, I wouldn't shoot Elk with a 6.5 at that range.