ruger 6.5 creedmore

shade mt

i see ruger is now using a 24" tube on the new hawkeyes...anyone know what kind of velocity is attainable with the 140 gr ?

I don't think they are getting any more than 2750 FPS with 140's. Have not done it myself but that is what I am told is doable. I would have to have one if 3000 could be attained.

sounds like the creedmore is in the 7mm 08 260, 6.5x55 , class..i'd like to have one just because its something different..actually i wouldn't mind a 6.5x55 swede..if i could find a factory rifle chambered in one.

The factory loads produce around 2700 fps with a 24 inch tube. I used 2750 fps in the G7 ballistic program for my rifle (24" barrel) and it was just a little low at 600 yards when I shot in the field. I'd say 2700-2750 is what most 24 inch barrels will run with the 140's.

any thoughts on the howa 6.5's ?...i'm really itching for a medium range whitetail rifle.....many calibers fit that task....i just want something different....and a 6.5 cal is something i don't have ...(yet)....so steer me in the right direction :)

any thoughts on the howa 6.5's ?...i'm really itching for a medium range whitetail rifle.....many calibers fit that task....i just want something different....and a 6.5 cal is something i don't have ...(yet)....so steer me in the right direction :)

Buy the Ruger. You wont be disappointed at all. I was going to have a 6.5 built and after I got to digging into it everything has to be made ( other than the slugs) Casings go thru various stages...etc.....So I opted for a 260. Basically a 308 casing and little mod work required.

And then I turn around and get a 6mmBR build...geesh

i'm thinking real serious on the ruger 6.5 creedmore...simply because its readily available. I reload so i just wish i could find some first hand info...seems everyone has info with barrels longer than 24"...no one has info on a ruger hawkeye with a 24" tube?

I have a new grandson that has a 6.5 creedmore in his future. In mho. should be the ideal rifle foe everything a young man will run into from whistlpigs to reasonable range elk.

I have a new grandson that has a 6.5 creedmore in his future. In mho. should be the ideal rifle foe everything a young man will run into from whistlpigs to reasonable range elk.

That caliber would make a young man a top notch rifle. 6.5 Creed; 260 Rem caliber....6 X ?? Mauser ( there are so darned many 6 X's around anymore) all are top calibers.

If ya stay away from jumbo's like elk...even hand loaded .243's will do you a top job. Pop a 105 gr boattail in a 243 and send it on down the pike and watch the mule deer and the "speed goats" fall before you...

I have the 6.5 Creedmoor in a Savage Model 10 predator with a 24" barrel and i am getting 2850 fps with 139 Scenars and 42 grains of H4350, I have no pressure signs and am quite sure I could bump it up higher but this load is shooting quite well for me. I have owned a .260 Remington before and this cartridge is much easier to seat the 140 grain class bullets to mag length without seating the bullet so deep your using case capacity. Wonderful cartridge, if you want to shoot 6.5mm out of a short action this is the cartridge to get. 6.5X47L is cool but your running higher pressures.

the 6.5 creedmore is one of the two rifles i'd like to purchase this year. I have been checking around, and although ruger still list it in their catalog i can't seem to locate one?

i'm thinking real serious on the ruger 6.5 creedmore...simply because its readily available. I reload so i just wish i could find some first hand info...seems everyone has info with barrels longer than 24"...no one has info on a ruger hawkeye with a 24" tube?
Browning Xbolt Long Range 26" barrel

Recent Posts