StaBall 6.5 and the Creedmore.

dblman

Been shooting 2 6.5 Creedmore rifles every day for a couple of weeks now. Was shooting SuperFormance behind a 143 ELDX with very good accuracy and performance. 1753fps and 1 moa out to 500 yards. Two weeks ago I started testing StaBall 6.5, WOW.
velocity went down to 1700 but group averages out to 500 are holding almost entirely at 1/4 moa.
Using Lapua srp brass, Federal 205M primers with StaBall and 143 ELDX.
THESE ARE NOT CUSTOM RIFLES.
One, an Xbolt hell's canyon long range, the other an Xbolt Pro Tungsten.
Really really good results for factory rifles I think.
Bought many custom rifles and these Brownings push them pretty hard with StaBall 6.5.
Good hunting to all.

Mind sharing the specifics of the load? Wanting to try the same combo....

My daughter's xbolt loves 6.5 staball with the 123 Amax, my son's .270 loves it with the 140 Berger classic hunter. Good stuff.

Been shooting 2 6.5 Creedmore rifles every day for a couple of weeks now. Was shooting SuperFormance behind a 143 ELDX with very good accuracy and performance. 1753fps and 1 moa out to 500 yards. Two weeks ago I started testing StaBall 6.5, WOW.
velocity went down to 1700 but group averages out to 500 are holding almost entirely at 1/4 moa.
Bought many custom rifles and these Brownings push them pretty hard with StaBall 6.5.
Good hunting to all.
Mind sharing your loads? Iv fired staball in 6.5 and 6mm creedmoor and haven't had any luck won't group horrible es and sd

143ELDX - 43.5Staball - F205M - Lapua stp - OAL: 2,800 - group:1/4moa - fps:2700.
A word about Xbolt chambers; I use LE Wilson FL bushing sizer die & in-line bullet seater.
Cartridges are mixed and load into either chamber without any problems or tight spots.
Chambers must be very very close to identical.

thanks for posting this dblman, I have a bottle of staball 6,5 and was wanting to try it with those 143's . the ramshot hunter at 44 gr. did good with the 143's at 200 yds but didnt have my chrono as it is missing a rod.

I also use Staball in my 6.5CM, 6mm CM, & others. Spectacular accuracy from 6mm CM with 87 VMax's. Cheap 1X Federal brass with Rem 7 1/2 primers.

Not a CM but used in .270 Win w/130gn Nosler Ballistic Tips, Rem 9.5M primers and 55.5gn. Can't remember exact velocity numbers but I'm thinking it was somewhere in the 3050fps range. That's from a Savage 114 Classic (22" barrel).
I know velocity was right about where I like it and accuracy was stellar; sub-half MOA. Easily took a whitetail @ 472yds - one shot.

Been testing Staball in 243 90gr AB bullets and very impressed so far. ES was wide and velocity's were inconsistent until I started getting near max then things started getting good, ES really tightened up and velocity starts getting consistent and great near max. right now .5 gr off book max .4moa 100yds, 3208 avg fps, ES 8, 3 shots from my sporter barrel Ruger suppressed . For fun yesterday since wind was calm to 3 mph, shot this load at 500yds 3 shot groups 3 times and avg 3.5" group. This is with 4 time fired factory fed brass and cci200 primers and light crimp Lee FCD.

Good hunting to all.
Velocity correct?

Love to read more on 6.5 creedmoor load data out of a 22 inch barrel with 1 in 8 twist rate. but love all the data you all are presenting now. Thank you. Look forward to more post on the subject 6.5 creedmoor and load data.

Recent Posts