6.5 creedmore

I usually steer clear of these 6.5 Creedmoor threads, but I'll "bite" in this case. I had one once…..hand loaded for it, shot some great groups at a modest 500 yards with it (my max distance where I hunt/shoot), killed a deer and a couple ground hogs with it…then promptly sold it (and all components) on this forum and MOVED ON!! (hint,hint…wink, wink 😉).

You seem really confused. We've both been stating that the 6.5's are very capable rounds within their limits.

His point is that the CM's explosion onto the market made it acceptable and fashionable to shoot a 6.5 whereas prior to that you were seen as less of a man for shooting them instead of the bigger 7's and 30 caliber rounds so well popularized in the US since the end of WWII.
I usually am rather confused.😎 But here, I'm more just saying it was ammo availability and proper twist rate, case length , great marketing by Hornady as we've seen with the prcs, and now 6.8 western, is they get a ton of ammo out even before guns are readily available.

And also, the OP mentioned all these guys bringing game in and he seems to not like that they died from a 6.5. maybe these guys are able to and want to spend wayyyy more time shooting a round that connects all the dots and doesn't punish them, maybe makes them feel cooler or whatever but they shoot more accurately because of those reasons. Less is so much more sometimes.

I usually am rather confused.😎 But here, I'm more just saying it was ammo availability and proper twist rate, case length , great marketing by Hornady as we've seen with the prcs, and now 6.8 western, is they get a ton of ammo out even before guns are readily available.

And also, the OP mentioned all these guys bringing game in and he seems to not like that they died from a 6.5. maybe these guys are able to and want to spend wayyyy more time shooting a round that connects all the dots and doesn't punish them, maybe makes them feel cooler or whatever but they shoot more accurately because of those reasons. Less is so much more sometimes.
When I first got convinced to shoot the .260 it was because I could get it in an AR-10 platform and it had far better ballistics than the .308.

A few years later I convinced myself to try it in first one, then another bolt action rifle.

For two years I shot nothing else other than the .260's at game and wrote about it here.

I was still very much in the minority around here on LRH when it came to shooting anything in 6.5mm.

Well during those two years I proved to myself just how capable the 6.5's can be and the 6.5 Revolution has followed.

Neither the CM nor .260 are what I'd really consider ideal for critters Elk size or larger nor would I shoot "dangerous game" with them at anything probably over 300-400yds max but, I have some really high velocity 6.5's as well that I wouldn't hesitate to shoot at twice that range on critters to include Moose and Elk under the right conditions and with the right bullet.

That being said, if I'm hunting elk or moose specifically I'll take something larger such as the 300 RUM or 375 Ruger but I'm fortunate and have quite a few to pick from on any given day.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 46
We have been shooting the 6.5-08 since the 90s. Then Remington came out with the .260 Remington in 1997. The biggest fault with marketing the .260 was that Remington was making their barrel twist 1:9 and there was no factory ammo with the exception of 140s and 130s if you could find them. Some of us long range shooters got (had the 6.5-08) the 260 and reloaded with every 6.5 (.264) bullets from 100 gr to 140s. Then we started to make our own rifles with the chamber in .260 and 1:8 barrels with 140 gr bullets. Great sucess with this caliber for hunting and 1k shooting.
Then came Hornady and with their extensive MARKETING Abilities they jumped on the 6.5 cartridge . The .260 Remington and decided that Hornady could introduce a "NEW" Cartridge to take the market over. -WHICH they did very effetely. Made a cartridge like the .260 and chambered rifles in 1:8 twist AND produced factory ammo for the CREED!
Now the beginning of a new story!
The 6.5mm Creedmoor, designated 6.5 Creedmoor by SAAMI, 6.5 Creedmoor by the C.I.P. or 6.5 CM or 6.5 CRDMR for short, is a centerfire rifle cartridge introduced by Hornady in 2007. It was developed by Hornady senior ballistics scientist Dave Emary in partnership with Dennis DeMille, the vice-president of product development at Creedmoor Sports, hence the name. The cartridge is a necked-down modification of the.30 Thompson Center.
Then a beginning of many more stories.
Hornady with their superior Marketing Skills/Abilities started the "CREED EVOLUTION" Now all previous cartridges that were made by Remington or other manufactures would be subjected to a slight change in the cartridge design and then named with a "CREED" sur name.
6.5 Creedmoor (.260 Remington)
6mm Creedmoor -(243 Winchester)
25 Creedmoor
22 Creedmoor
284 Creedmoor
30 Creedmoor
8mm Creedmoor
338 Creedmoor
Any rifle you build in the future should have a caliber with the "Creedmoor" name in it.
It is sure to be a winner, but you do have to have a "ManBun" or a clip on Bun!
If you are a female there is no discrimination. You could just put your hair in a Bun!
Edit: I think now the Man Bun is acceptable, but the Mullet/Manbun is coming into fasion.
LOL....

... MOVED ON!! (hint,hint…wink, wink 😉).
^^^ This!

Anybody else notice that the original poster of this thread dropped out of this discussion early into page two, yet here we are, 7 full pages in and continuing to debate back and forth on a well hammered topic?

Didn't somebody say something about a dead horse earlier in this thread? 😆