6.5 creedmore

Ok seriously WTH is the extreme hype over the 6.5creed I understand it was designed as a long range target gun but really guys it's still a 243
I love my 6.5 CM Ruger LRT, it gives me first and second places in the factory class against 6Br's, .308's, 30-06's other 6.5's at 2 ,3, and 500 yds. Not saying another caliber might do as well with the great bullets and powders we have today but the Creed is a delight to shoot and very accurate.

I'm not jealous of a lot, but I'm jealous of your rifles. Those are beauties, and the Swedes (my ancestry, just sayin') were really the foremost in metallurgy and your rifles are attestation to that. If I'm not mistaken, the Swedish mauser also had a stock 1-8 twist. Thanks for the pictures.
Thanks, yeah... I believe they did something like 1 in 7.87" aka 1 in 8" from what I understand, and that twist was in the rifle model, I think the Cabine "may" have been different, not sure offhand. They are sweet shooters if you ever get the chance to grab either "don't" pass it up if you can help it. Cheers

Creedmoor.

There isn't any hype. It just works. Moderate recoil, moderate velocity, from a case designed to use heavy for caliber bullets. It's not magical, special, or voodoo. It just works.
I'm not sure what's worse, the 6.5 CM fan-boys or the 6.5 CM haters…
Glad my shooting buddies are not prejudice; we all shoot what we like and always will

The 6.5 Creedmoor & its smaller bore sister, the 6mm Creedmoor, are no .260 Rem & .243 Win calibers. Both my 6.5mm & 6mm Creedmoor exhibit intelligent design & fit/feed from my 2.8 magazines beautiful & avoid the dreaded "do-nut" & allow optimum charges of just the right burn rate of powder.

A few years ago, in my little corner of the world, I dropped into a local shop and asked if they had any 24" barreled 7mm-08 rifles in stock.
Sales assoc. started talking 6.5 CM this and 6.5 CM that. Even brought the store owner's wife over to tell her tales of success with the caliber.
I respectfully declined and held firm to my request. He pulls a gun off the shelf and asks me to run the action and survey all its wondrous lines and supple trigger ~ Yep, it was a 6.5 Creedmore...AARRRGGGHHH.

Then he tells me the 6.5CM is a much better hunting round over the 7-08 and could easily prove it by pulling up ballistics charts on-line.
As I walked over to the computer to see what he was looking at, he quietly told me, sorry, no 7mm-08 rifles in stock.

It is basically a 250 savage AI with A .007" larger diameter bullet. PO Ackley was really happy with the 250AI. For good reason too. That performance is very useful and very manageable. Cant really blame people for chosing something that works. You can however blame Hornady for the bogus claims and ballistic wizardry when it was coming out.
And it's not like hornady is unique for trying market their products in such a way that they actually sell haha…while there's a lot of bs there's also a lot of satisfied customers so it ain't all hogwash! Wouldn't keep selling otherwise, bogus products speak for themselves and are found out. The 6.5 creed has spoken for itself as a winning combo for many, AND is far superior in my opinion to the .243 for big game power while still being a non-intimidating option for women, youth, smaller framed shooters, etc. if it gets more people into this sport and isn't scaring them away it's a good thing!

Marketing makes the 6.5 Creedmoor seem magical and their are folks who take it past it's intended boundaries as with most anything. Wyo37 put it very well IMO, the Creedmoor is just an optimization of many shooting factors, high BC moderate weight bullets with minimal recoil and properly twisted barrels. I do like the cartridge, but I don't have a man-bun, and personally I don't really care if someone has a man-bun or not, to each his own.
Agreed. I believe most haters and, I admit, I'm one, are tired of hearing that the Creed is the be all-end all and is the magic bullet that solves every hunter or shooters use. Can we all agree it's not? No cartridge is. Does it perform well? Absolutely. Do other cartridges also perform well? Again, absolutely. As Sockeye66 said, "to each his own". We all have our own preferences and don't want something shoved down our throat every time we read a blog.

Agreed. I believe most haters and, I admit, I'm one, are tired of hearing that the Creed is the be all-end all and is the magic bullet that solves every hunter or shooters use. Can we all agree it's not? No cartridge is. Does it perform well? Absolutely. Do other cartridges also perform well? Again, absolutely. As Sockeye66 said, "to each his own". We all have our own preferences and don't want something shoved down our throat every time we read a blog.

Yes we can.

If you want to shoot a 338 lapua, I say go for it. Or a 308win, 270win, 243win, 30-06, 6creed, 6.5creed. You do you.

For my part, I was just looking for a short action, mid-bore cartridge with available brass for short range whitetail hunting to replace a 257 Roberts. I've had no trouble finding CM brass. Neither the deer nor I care who else likes or dislikes it. I'm in my 70s and only turn my flip phone on when I want to make a call, but can't figure why some people fight change/new ideas (good or bad). Just make your choice and let the other people make theirs. My priorities are not your priorities.
Yes, it was hard to retire the Roberts.
I for one still shoot the Roberts and the Swift ,, just don't need a creed.

And it's not like hornady is unique for trying market their products in such a way that they actually sell haha…while there's a lot of bs there's also a lot of satisfied customers so it ain't all hogwash! Wouldn't keep selling otherwise, bogus products speak for themselves and are found out. The 6.5 creed has spoken for itself as a winning combo for many, AND is far superior in my opinion to the .243 for big game power while still being a non-intimidating option for women, youth, smaller framed shooters, etc. if it gets more people into this sport and isn't scaring them away it's a good thing!
Im not saying that it doesn't work. It obviously does. Many "haters" though were immediately turned off by what it is, and what it was sold as.

It is a good hunting and shooting cartridge.

It is NOT a replacement for a 300 WM.

The 6.5 Creedmoor & its smaller bore sister, the 6mm Creedmoor, are no .260 Rem & .243 Win calibers. Both my 6.5mm & 6mm Creedmoor exhibit intelligent design & fit/feed from my 2.8 magazines beautiful & avoid the dreaded "do-nut" & allow optimum charges of just the right burn rate of powder.
So do the .243 and 260 Rem.

The CM's don't do anything they don't do nor do they do it any better. In the right hands the each pairing is are ballistic equals doing the same thing, the same way, just as well as one another.

In all fairness there's nothing at all wrong with how either Hornady or Ruger marketed the CM. The ridiculous hype was posted loud and long by people who bought them and had to find some way to convince themselves they'd bought a miracle that could perform any feat imaginable.

It's a decent round, it just doesn't do anything better than the other 6.5's like the Swede or .260 Rem.