6.5 Creedmore or .308 Win. ?

I have a nice .308 Savage 99 C that I'm re-stocking (Boyd's laminated) and re-barreling (Bartlein 5R, 20", octagonal).

I thought long and hard about switching the barrel to 6.5 CM but I already have an RPR and RAP in 6.5 CM and I have .308 dies and the powder, cases and bullets for .308. So I think I'll leave it in .308 and make it a "lever action Scout rifle" with a 2x - 8x scope on it. I already have 3 spare magazines - enough for several zombie attacks.

Eric B.

Then apparently the "TC" cartridge (which seems like a name ripoff of the "TCU" -Thompson/Center Ugalde cartridges based off the .223 Rem) was something that never even made any waves in the wildcat world in the slightest bit. Like was said before, swap a few things, give something a fancy name, stick a good marketing campaign on it, and BOOM! you have a winner, even if it was previously unknown.

Oh well...Life goes on, and you learn something new.

It was a cartridge made in conjunction with Thompson center, same length as a creed, offers a little more velocity than a 308 in a smaller cartridge.

Why not go 6.5x284? Some of these guys saying they are pushing 147 grain bullets at 3000 with a Creedmoor I'd take with a grain of salt. They have to be way over pressure. I'd love to see how many shots they are getting out of their cases. That's more than a lot of 6.5x284 guys get. And a 284 case is considerably bigger. If your looking for 3000fps with a 140 grain pill I'd be looking at a bigger case than a Creedmoor. Give me a 6.5 Swede or a 6.5x284 both have more case capacity.

Why not go 6.5x284? Some of these guys saying they are pushing 147 grain bullets at 3000 with a Creedmoor I'd take with a grain of salt. They have to be way over pressure. I'd love to see how many shots they are getting out of their cases. That's more than a lot of 6.5x284 guys get. And a 284 case is considerably bigger. If your looking for 3000fps with a 140 grain pill I'd be looking at a bigger case than a Creedmoor. Give me a 6.5 Swede or a 6.5x284 both have more case capacity.
All you need is RE26 for a Creed its magic powder and can take down mammoths!

Shot some more today. Wind was calm. Using factory load of 142 accubonds LR. I shot several .25 3 shot groups. Cant wait to handload for it. A local shop is ordering some dies and RE 26 for me.
REALLY loving this gun and caliber. I can certainly see why all the praise for the round. No kick, great ballistics and very accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.