Gunwerks 6.5 creedmore or 28 Nosler

There's a lot of room cartridge wise between those two cartridges. The 7RM would be a good choice between those two with lots of different factory loads or established load data as well. Otherwise, if it is strictly those two, 28 Nosler.

Last edited:
If you were to pick a all around caliber for deer and elf which would it be??
1583446024076.png
where do you get a tag for elf hunting? ---do they taste good? or just for the trophy? are they fast? does santa get mad?

just kidding, but there is quite a difference between the 6.5cm and the 28Noz, personally I'd go somewhere in between

I like the concept....deer and elf.....deer are easily taken with creed.....the elf....well you might need the 28....
I wouldn't shortchange myself by a cdm......if youre wanting a 65.....65284 is a touch more powder....26 nosler will take am both....

IMO either will do the trick. The 28 Nosler obviously would be the better choice for elk as you can throw bigger chunks of lead and elk can sometimes be hard to take down. quite a bit more energy down range also if your shots will be long. Downside is barrel life will probably be shorter on the 28 if you shoot it a lot and ammo is quite a bit more expensive. If you are just hunting with the rifle than either should do the trick. Put a good quality bullet in the boiler room and either will serve you well for years to come.

Your 6.5 CM will be a dandy on deer, but the trouble with elves is that there's always one right behind the other. They're worse than the Imperial Marines on a hot Pacific island. Forget the Nosler - I'm gonna go with a solid team of fighters on crew-served weapons for them elvish types. Don't forget mortars and air support if you can get it. Elves are killers. Stay frosty.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.