Gunwerks 6.5 creedmore or 28 Nosler

If it's a Gunwerks rifle, go 28 nosler. Run it fast and hard! Something I learned.... they rebarrel their rifles for $500. Barrel included. If you're looking at a GW rifle, you can afford to set aside money for another barrel when the first is toast. It's a hunting rig. Use it as such. Not saying to abuse it, but wring it out for what it's worth. If money is a concern, watch the classifieds, and snag up a deal. Lots of good stuff there with load development done. And put the money you save aside for your next barrel

Thinking about this forum and all the issues that come up regarding cartridge, bullet, powder, brass, primer, barrel, stock, trigger and optics, it is all just personal preference, following the trend, or trying something new just for the fun of it. For hunting, if you are deviating from a 30-06 with a 3x9 scope, it has to be for the fun of it. The '06 will kill everything from cat squirrels to elephants and hit to 1,000yds for the target shooters. I like to shoot the monster rounds and all the way down to the 22 LR. A new Winchester Model 70 Safari model in 30-06 is hard to beat if you could only have one gun. BUT I am going to hunt White Tails with my 375 RUM this year: just for the fun of it.
I like your thinking but the new model 70 in 30-06 would not be a option in the Safari model. Would be in the Alaskan. No offense intended.

I would like to add to my earlier comment on barrel metallurgy. There is also a pretty broad opportunity for experimentation with barrel liners. This would apply to all types of firearms. A replaceable rifled liner of Inconel 625 in a chrome-moly or stainless barrel shell would allow shooters to have several liners, and change rifling pitch (even calibers) in a few minutes to accommodate different loads/hunting conditions/game, etc. It would also allow competition target shooters to experiment with tensioned barrel liners, which have shown dramatic effects on accuracy by tuning barrel harmonics. It also opens up possibilities for light weight barrel shell alloys, internal grooving to lessen weight, aluminum alloys and composite materials that are "deader" in spring modulus and less susceptible to thermal effects, full-length porting for cooling, etc. I love old school tech and want to keep it, but I like to advance the state of the art, too. We should keep pushing the performance envelope.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.