Thoughts on remington 700 long range

Sorry you are not correct. I know people who worked there when this was going on. Was even discussed at Staff Meetings. It was real pull your head out of the sand. Unfortunately was all about $$$$$'s..
So, tell me all about the firearms handling negligence that didn't happen? So, tell me all about the guy who didn't make contradictory statements that he tampered with the trigger, before the incident that led to the death of a loved one?

I guess that lady didn't spill hot coffee on herself, and then find a Johnny Cochran type lawyer to sue McDeath for all that money.......

I'm not saying that Remington didn't have a defective trigger, or aren't at fault for defective mechanics, I'm only stating that people would still be alive if people weren't stupid, and didn't do idiotic things.

So, tell me all about the firearms handling negligence that didn't happen? So, tell me all about the guy who didn't make contradictory statements that he tampered with the trigger, before the incident that led to the death of a loved one?

I guess that lady didn't spill hot coffee on herself, and then find a Johnny Cochran type lawyer to sue McDeath for all that money.......

I'm not saying that Remington didn't have a defective trigger, or aren't at fault for defective mechanics, I'm only stating that people would still be alive if people weren't stupid, and didn't do idiotic things.
I sure hope that someone who has been living with guilt since accidentally firing their rifle at someone else DOES NOT read your post

I sure hope that someone who has been living with guilt since accidentally firing their rifle at someone else DOES NOT read your post
Don't you try to play that card and put that on me. You think I haven't had to deal with family and friends taking their own lives? You can call me cold and callous all you want, but the first time I had to deal with someone doing that, I was young. If someone chooses to do something selfish like harming themselves, they won't get any sympathy from me, because they're only hurting the people that loved and cared about them. The only reason I'm saying this, is because it needs to be said. Don't be trying to misappropriate the blame for other people's actions.

Accidents happen, that's why they're called accidents. Yes, it's horrible that it happens, however, it was an accident. You might still have guilt from it, but it was an accident. And I'm not passing judgment on those people in that situation, and I'm not referring to people who were involved in true honest accidents. That wouldn't be ok. But I'm not referring to accidents...I'm referring to incidents caused from negligence and improper firearms safety measures. There is a big difference.

For the record, I'd like to apologize to the OP for helping to get this thread so far derailed, it's almost unrecognizable.

Any updates on the gun?

If it is caused by a human touching the trigger and that causes a discharge for whatever reason it is a ND period end of story.

Anything else can be debatable. Big Green knew about these triggers for many many years and fought it. They were cash starved then but not as bad as they are now. Buddy of mine I worked with for 10 years (military aerospace) and lives about 2 miles from me was the CEO there for a few years and they were on the right track but they just had too much debt. He left and has retired completely when his wife came down with terminal cancer.

Yes I have seen with my own eyes a Big Green trigger fail...

Mudrunner might have a valid point if Remington had published the problem and refused to sell rifles to the inexperienced rifleman. Im a vet & seen to much death. He wants to blow away a manufacturers responsibly. We are all accountable for our actions. He reminds me of a millennial.

Mudrunner might have a valid point if Remington had published the problem and refused to sell rifles to the inexperienced rifleman. Im a vet & seen to much death. He wants to blow away a manufacturers responsibly. We are all accountable for our actions. He reminds me of a millennial.
When and where have I ever said that Remington should not be held responsible for any defective products they produced? So you might want to get your facts straight before attempting to debate, and trying to make me look like some dumb "kid".

How is it Remington's fault someone bought their gun, loaded it, left it cocked and loaded and pointed downrange and then someone walked around in front of it, while someone else clicked the safety off, and it went BOOM!??? How is Remington at fault for someone loading a rifle, keeping it cocked and on safe with a loaded round in the chamber, laying-about in the bunk of a horse trailer where anything could knock the safety off and bump the trigger, and it could fire... And that very scenario happened and someone got hurt?

Is it Chevrolet's fault that your tire blew-out and you wrecked into another vehicle, and someone in the other vehicle got hurt? Of course not. So why are guns the only thing treated like it's the manufacturer to blame, instead of the end-user? Why are guns always the thing blamed in shootings, instead of the psycho that actually did the shooting?

Ooooh, good one... My feelings are really hurt now... :rolleyes:

The maturity level, or lack thereof, of some of the adults on this forum is mind-blowing.

Look guys, we can argue this all we want, this has literally been argued about in court, no one cares what our opinions are, but this is a public forum so let's have some empathy for the people who have suffered tragedies. That's all I'm gonna say on this topic.

Threads get stupid on LRH real quick. Starting to sound like snipers hide.

I also love people who operate in absolutes, because, you know, life is that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Threads get stupid on LRH real quick. Starting to sound like snipers hide.

I also love people who operate in absolutes, because, you know, life is that simple.

This is coming from a "millennial" btw. So I don't actually know what I'm talking about.
My apologies for the millennial comment. I've many young friends who are outstanding examples of how we should live.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.