Thoughts on remington 700 long range

I own CA and Bergara rifles. No salvage here. Funny how you can spout off all over this thread and then get ----y when someone else does the same thing.
I just like stirring things up every now and then. Life's boring enough as it is, might as well spark some conversation/debate. ;)

You have to admit it's ironic, it's not like creedmoor shooter signed on to bash Remington, he just decided to buy one. Lol
And you can see where that got me! I'm not here to bash Remington I'm just saying how it is. Sometimes the truth hurts. I just hope it shoots well when it comes back and I can start slowly transforming it to what I want.

You have to admit it's ironic, it's not like creedmoor shooter signed on to bash Remington, he just decided to buy one. Lol
Irony is one of the few things that rarely happens for the positive. In this incident, it ended up looking bad for all of us. Most anti-Remington guys are enjoying this to no end, because they think it makes us look foolish for recommending him buy one, and then it ends up having an issue. Does it look bad? Sure, in a way. But there is absolutely no way anyone could know it would have an issue...That's just a bad luck of the draw.

And you can see where that got me! I'm not here to bash Remington I'm just saying how it is. Sometimes the truth hurts. I just hope it shoots well when it comes back and I can start slowly transforming it to what I want.
Hopefully it works out, I have a 35yr old 700 and a 6-7 year old 5r 700, they're both excellent shooting guns, but the only thing original on the 5r is the action and barrel. I just don't see the point of giving my hard earned money to company that forces me to immediately enter the aftermarket accessory market regardless of qc when other companies are making rifles that fit my wants much better.
Since you already have a sour taste in ur mouth about the rifle, try to break the barrel in properly and fully before judging how it shoots

Most anti-Remington guys are enjoying this to no end, because they think it makes us look foolish for recommending him buy one, and then it ends up having an issue.

Don't get me wrong, I still feel for him. I don't consider myself a hardcore anti. But I definitely think he would've been better served by waiting for a builder to come up for sale. It just feels like these issues are more widespread than some are willing to believe. I took a huge gamble by trading a model 70 for a CDL (Gasp! But I wanted a 25-06 & equity was in my favor). No function issues, but no time to wring it out yet either. I got around the trigger issue by hacking into an x-mark; ain't easy but it can be done. The effort is far from worth it, though.

I learned my lesson fellas. Hopefully everyone doesnt think of me as an idiot on the forum from now on. I'll keep you all updated as I deal with Remington and my stupidity. On the plus side, my smith called me and said the threading on my criterion 6.5 crewsmoor barrel was gone so I'm on my way to get it and put the brake on it:D

I learned my lesson fellas. Hopefully everyone doesnt think of me as an idiot on the forum from now on. I'll keep you all updated as I deal with Remington and my stupidity. On the plus side, my smith called me and said the threading on my criterion 6.5 crewsmoor barrel was gone so I'm on my way to get it and put the brake on it:D

No judgement here. Can't say I would have done differently in your situation. I like the idea of starting out small and cheap, and tweaking as the funds and needs arise. Sometimes I don't know what I don't know, and I'd rather make a $500 mistake than a $5000 one. That's just me though.

You don't look foolish. You wanted a 700, so you bought one that you thought was the best bang for the buck. You're not at any fault, other than buying the rifle you wanted. Nobody could have foreseen it having a burr in the chamber. And in all honesty, if that's all that's wrong with it, I wouldn't even really consider it defective, just needs a little polishing up...Especially if you got a good deal on it.

You're going to your smiths anyway, might take the new rifle along with you, and see if he'll polish it out for you... Then you want even have to send it back to Remington, and he can do a quick check-over of the rest of the rifle to make sure everything is good.

You don't look foolish. You wanted a 700, so you bought one that you thought was the best bang for the buck. You're not at any fault, other than buying the rifle you wanted. Nobody could have foreseen it having a burr in the chamber. And in all honesty, if that's all that's wrong with it, I wouldn't even really consider it defective, just needs a little polishing up...Especially if you got a good deal on it.

You're going to your smiths anyway, might take the new rifle along with you, and see if he'll polish it out for you... Then you want even have to send it back to Remington, and he can do a quick check-over of the rest of the rifle to make sure everything is good.
I'll ask him and see what he can do. Only thing is the guy takes his sweet time. Took 4 weeks to get my barrel back from threading

I told him about it. He shook his head and laughed. He hates Remington. He was busy and wouldnt get it back to be any faster than Remington would. Couldnt believe Remington would miss something like that. On the plus side, I'll have this beautiful barrel back on my savage action tomorrow :D
20190301_180734.jpg

Crappy deal for sure,,, I've bought 3 new Remmy's over the last 4 years and never had a problem. Not saying that it couldn't of happened either.

"""If""" I found a burr in my chamber,,, I'd do the Auto-Sol Polish since its less abrasive and it will turn the chamber into a chrome like finish.

Just like the purest of glass.

I'm sure things will work in the long hual,,, I hope it is a shooter like my LR 30-Ought 6... LR.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.