Thoughts on remington 700 long range

Well I'm not entirely sold that this was a QC issue. As far as I know all rifles from Remington, and most manufacturers, proof fire their rifles. That burr was large enough to either lock up the bolt, get stamped down, or rupture the case going by the photos. but at this point it doesn't matter.
They clearly didnt fire this one. No way in heck they did. I dont see how it would've happened after it left their facility. I cleaned the rifle, but I use a bore guide so I know for a fact it wasnt me.

They clearly didnt fire this one. No way in heck they did. I dont see how it would've happened after it left their facility. I cleaned the rifle, but I use a bore guide so I know for a fact it wasnt me.
That's assuming it happened at the facility. If it has proof marks then chances are it was fired at the facility.

I doubt a cleaning rod without a bore guide would have made that burr. More like some kind of hardened steel.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.