Thoughts on the Remington 700 long range.

OK, The Remington is $645 on www.budsgunshop.com
The Savage LRH is $850 on Guns for Sale | Online Gun Store | Grab A Gun Online Gun Store
and the Savage fcns is $630 on www.budsgunshop.com
If I am going to get something with a 24" barrel on it, I might as well get the Savage fcns, rather than paying over $200 extra on the LRH on stuff that I don't think I'll even need. Since I like the stock, and the longer, heavier barrel on the Remington, and it is in the same price range as the Savage fcns, I think I will go ahead and get it.

Thank everyone for your help, and I will be sure to post updates when I get the rifle, and get it shooting.

The Savage is a good rifle also, and the factory trigger is much better.The brake on the other hand has seized in place on several rifles I know of. Savage may have fixed that problem.

OK, The Remington is $645 on www.budsgunshop.com
The Savage LRH is $850 on Guns for Sale | Online Gun Store | Grab A Gun Online Gun Store
and the Savage fcns is $630 on www.budsgunshop.com
If I am going to get something with a 24" barrel on it, I might as well get the Savage fcns, rather than paying over $200 extra on the LRH on stuff that I don't think I'll even need. Since I like the stock, and the longer, heavier barrel on the Remington, and it is in the same price range as the Savage fcns, I think I will go ahead and get it.

Thank everyone for your help, and I will be sure to post updates when I get the rifle, and get it shooting.

Keep us updated on how the 700 LR and how it performs. Do you handload, or do you shoot factory ammo?

I do handload. I will be using 168 gn Berger VLD 's
I will probably order the rifle today, so I will keep you posted once it comes it.

I do handload. I will be using 168 gn Berger VLD 's
I will probably order the rifle today, so I will keep you posted once it comes it.

The 168 VLD will be a good one. I use it in my 7mmRM's. I also recommend spending the cash on some new Nosler brass (new rifle, new brass). It's pricey, but worth it.

Have you thought about your optics yet?

I can recommend a nice setup... I use this exact same setup on 4 of my own...Soon to be more.

Vortex 6-24x50 Viper HS-T 30mm Rifle Scope | SWFA

EGW HD Picatinny Rail 1 Piece Scope Mount | SWFA

Seekins Precision Scope 30mm Rings | SWFA

I have that scope, except it is the 2.5-10x model on my AR-15. it will be going on it first, but when I get enough money I'm either going to get the scope you mentioned, or an IOR Valdata fixed 10x mil dot scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.