Thoughts on remington 700 long range

CS, at least they offered to fix their issue for you... Weatherby told me to get bent, and refused to even look at it.

This is why I don't ever worry about the warranty on a gun. If it's broke, I pay my gunsmith to fix it (if it's not something I can fix myself).

Maybe they'll replace it, or get yours back so you can fix it yourself, or get your smith to fix it for you, so you can be shooting it for now.

Ok there was a really big communication error somewhere. I call Remington again and basically chewed them out and let them know I was very unhappy. He apologized and gave me the number of another shop that was in NY. I call them and they say turn around time of 3 weeks. Not bad so I call the the other shop to get it transferred and they said my rifle was done and was going to be test fired this weekend. WTH??????? I should have it back end of next week.

Lol nothing like running a company down on the internet before you even had the full story and then having to eat crow.

Hopefully you apologized to the guy for yelling at him.

Lol nothing like running a company down on the internet before you even had the full story and then having to eat crow.

Hopefully you apologized to the guy for yelling at him.
Your kidding me right? That is what I was told what the heck else am I supposed believe? O ya I dont believe you I know my gun is done and sitting in your shop..... good grief. I was still professional about the situation and didnt yell at the guy I just let him know I wasnt very happy.

Ok so you posted that it was gonna be 30 weeks and you hate remington theyre horrible blah blah etc.

Then you wanted your rifle back so you called them and its already fixed.

Obviously you didnt have the whole story before you ranted or you would have known it was fixed already. Am i missing something? Thats eating crow in my book. We all do it from time to time

Yeah it sucks when something doesnt work right out of the box and its understandable to be mad but youve been turning this into a remington bashing thread from the get go and youve not even shot it.

Ok so you posted that it was gonna be 30 weeks and you hate remington theyre horrible blah blah etc.

Then you wanted your rifle back so you called them and its already fixed.

Obviously you didnt have the whole story before you ranted or you would have known it was fixed already. Am i missing something? Thats eating crow in my book. We all do it from time to time

Yeah it sucks when something doesnt work right out of the box and its understandable to be mad but youve been turning this into a remington bashing thread from the get go and youve not even shot it.
I was told my rifle was not done and wasnt going to be done for quite sometime. How in the heck is that my fault? The guy I talked to at Remington was very apologetic and helpful I'll give them that. I didnt get the whole story until I called the original repair office to get my rifle transferred to NY. I have not bashed Remington until just the last update I made. I was very upset and rightfully so.

Yes rightfully so since you thought your gun was going to up to 30 weeks out. I would be too. But to me, when you found out that it was a communication error you should have been the one apologizing to him for yelling for no reason.

It was remingtons fault that the repair center wasnt updated that you rifle was done and you were misquoted.

Its your fault that you went on the internet and blasted them and yelled at a guy then found out the rifle was actually fixed.

You dont know what you dont know but why such a hair trigger to rant? What do you call it when you think you know how a situation is and you fly off the handle about it and then find out you were completely wrong?

I wasnt trying to kick you while youre down friend. Just calling it how i see it

Im glad everything worked out for you just seemed to me like it could of been handled differently, i could be wrong i guess

Anything mass produced is going to have flaws once in a while. He got a friday afternoon rifle, it happens, they fixed it promptly. Besides the poor communication, wouldnt you call that good customer service?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.