(SHERMAN) WHATS NEW FOR 2019

elkaholic

This has been a very eventful year with new cartridges and especially with the new Sherman (ADG) brass for the Short actions. New head stamps for this year will include 338 SS and 25 SST at a minimum.
For 2019, we have the first 25 SST just up and running and it is reaching 3350' with the 131 Blackjack with H1000. It no doubt would reach 3400' with 2 or 3 more powders. This should prove to be a very good choice for PRS with a 131 grain .338 g7 b.c. bullet running at moderate pressure at 3175 fps. Also picture it as a very lethal long range deer/antelope round at 3300'.
The 300 PRC S.I. is also being tested with very satisfying results while fire forming factory class loads in our improved chamber. Stay tuned for more on this one. 3000' with a 225 in a 26" barrel is planned.
We will be adding the 7 SST to compliment the fire breathing 7 SS in a more mellow 30 degree version. Don't let the word mellow fool you though as it will likely reach near 2950' with a 180.
Also new will be a 375 version SS. With the 338 version pushing a 250 grainer north of 2800', you can do your own math to see what an equal weight mono would do in this bore!
Perhaps the biggest news is that testing is being done on a 6.5 SST in the AR platform. Imagine a 22" barrel AR pushing a 140 grainer at 3000'! If this works as planned, you can expect the larger bore sizes to follow, including the 338 and even the 375.

You are a busy man Rich! I need to talk to you one of these days about this R700 la I have here. It is going to be a Sherman something just can't decide what?

Rich, in regards to the 6.5 SST in an AR...
Which frame/platform is it being built on?
The standard LR308, or the KAK frame with the magnum BCG?
Thanks

I really enjoy hearing your successes with the Sherman line Rich. I still remember when you introduced the first Sherman. Seems like forever ago. Congratulations on an excellent and successful year!
P.S. Any data on a 375 SS?;)

Rich, in regards to the 6.5 SST in an AR...
Which frame/platform is it being built on?
The standard LR308, or the KAK frame with the magnum BCG?
Thanks
I have a good friend who is working on the AR and using my cartridge so I will leave the details up to him. It shouldn't be long before he let's some initial data loose.

I really enjoy hearing your successes with the Sherman line Rich. I still remember when you introduced the first Sherman. Seems like forever ago. Congratulations on an excellent and successful year!
P.S. Any data on a 375 SS?;)
Thank you for the support!
The 375 is in the early stages of ordering a reamer and Hammer is working with bullets. I see no reason, based on the 338 ss, that the 375 wouldn't push a 275 grain bullet to 2700' if the bearing surface isn't too long.

This has been a very eventful year with new cartridges and especially with the new Sherman (ADG) brass for the Short actions. New head stamps for this year will include 338 SS and 25 SST at a minimum.
For 2019, we have the first 25 SST just up and running and it is reaching 3350' with the 131 Blackjack with H1000. It no doubt would reach 3400' with 2 or 3 more powders. This should prove to be a very good choice for PRS with a 131 grain .338 g7 b.c. bullet running at moderate pressure at 3175 fps. Also picture it as a very lethal long range deer/antelope round at 3300'.
The 300 PRC S.I. is also being tested with very satisfying results while fire forming factory class loads in our improved chamber. Stay tuned for more on this one. 3000' with a 225 in a 26" barrel is planned.
We will be adding the 7 SST to compliment the fire breathing 7 SS in a more mellow 30 degree version. Don't let the word mellow fool you though as it will likely reach near 2950' with a 180.
Also new will be a 375 version SS. With the 338 version pushing a 250 grainer north of 2800', you can do your own math to see what an equal weight mono would do in this bore!
Perhaps the biggest news is that testing is being done on a 6.5 SST in the AR platform. Imagine a 22" barrel AR pushing a 140 grainer at 3000'! If this works as planned, you can expect the larger bore sizes to follow, including the 338 and even the 375.

Is that an AR15 pattern or AR10 pattern rifle in 6.5 achieving those velocities?

Oops didn't see another poster already asked the same.

Interested to learn more about the 7SST when things progress Rich, thank you for your continued hard work and advancing the science!

Alan

PS: Not a new member really, just read extensively and post very little. Like the old adage, "Let people think you the fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt".
Cheers!

Interested to learn more about the 7SST when things progress Rich, thank you for your continued hard work and advancing the science!

Alan

PS: Not a new member really, just read extensively and post very little. Like the old adage, "Let people think you the fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt".
Cheers!
Haha. I doubt you're a fool. I wIll post when the 7 SST is up and running

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.