New ADG Brass 2019

Exactly my thoughts! I guess we just need to gather the troops and start letting ADG know we need some good 280 AI brass!
They're already making Sherman SS brass, we need to get them to make some .280 Sherman brass. The .280 Sherman is based on the .270 Win, and is several steps above the .280 AI in performance. It's ****-near on par with the 7mmRM out of a standard .473" bolt face.

I'm either a gun groupie or just have good luck. 338 edge-7SAUM-300NM improved. One stop ADG for me. I do need a 6mm something.

So on the topic of fire forming,not sure this is the correct forum,but here goes...Hornady makes hydraulic forming dies to spec.So why not have a die made to your chamber,either by the chamber print of your reamer or sending in 3 fired cases. The difference in cost of bullets,powder,primers,and of course barrel wear would be more than offset by having formed cases that you can just then size as you would normally after fire forming.And as an added bonus,you can get the neck reamer to go along with the die,and eliminate any neck wall inconsistencies at the same time.
Hello,I got a return call from Ben @Hornady yesterday regarding hydraulic form dies. The primary advantage of hydraulic forming a case is that you can form your case "long",allowing you to set your shoulder back to the appropriate length for your chamber,and you are not consuming primers,powder,bullets and barrels. You only need to send 3 cases and your chamber print,so they can make the neck a tight fit to the die body.If you don't have a chamber print,you will need to send 3 fired cases. Evidently they are producing many of these for the F-class guys for these exact reason.I have no affiliation with Hornady,just a healthy respect for their products and services. The price quoted for this hydraulic form die set is $210.

Hornady makes a good hydro die. I have used one for several years now to form my long action Sherman cartridges. Forming them long is the correct way to do it. You not only get the correct head space but it helps SQUARE the shoulder up a little more from the more rounded shape made by lower pressure hydro forming.

Hornady makes a good hydro die. I have used one for several years now to form my long action Sherman cartridges. Forming them long is the correct way to do it. You not only get the correct head space but it helps SQUARE the shoulder up a little more from the more rounded shape made by lower pressure hydro forming.
I understand Whidden also makes hydro form dies. On the subject of neck turning...I have experience with RCBS inside neck ream dies. There is no easier way to do it,and no finicky equipment, and a perfectly consistent neck. Just my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.