(SHERMAN) WHATS NEW FOR 2019

Any idea what the coal on a 7ss would be with Hornady 180 eldm's? Just want to make sure I can mag feed through an accurate mag and touch the lands.

Any idea what the coal on a 7ss would be with Hornady 180 eldm's? Just want to make sure I can mag feed through an accurate mag and touch the lands.
I never tried the 180 ELDM in mine but it is a long bullet. The 180 hybrid is 2.920" so you may be over right to the lands.

If a 180 Hybrid is good then the eld will be. The eld's ogive is normally higher toward the tip which makes them shorter OAL but just has more bullet inside the cases.

Thank you for the support!
The 375 is in the early stages of ordering a reamer and Hammer is working with bullets. I see no reason, based on the 338 ss, that the 375 wouldn't push a 275 grain bullet to 2700' if the bearing surface isn't too long.

Whats the shortest bearing surface you can get away with, with the given neck length and throat length?

Also how much of the bullet can stick out the front of the brass?

Thanks

Whats the shortest bearing surface you can get away with, with the given neck length and throat length?

Also how much of the bullet can stick out the front of the brass?

Thanks
I won't know for sure until I get the print back but with the 275 Sledge Hammer, which has a lot of bearing surface, the free bore will likely approach .300".

I can't remember off the top of my head but I want to say I was about 2.915 to the lands with the 180 eld m

13F52A8A-D8CE-4C8F-9B04-6F2C20AD594C.jpeg

really wanted to keep the 6.5 ss in a short action so decided on the lone peak ti instead with wyatts longest box . originally bought the deviant but cancelled because just feel their tolerance would be too tight for hunting.

For those wanting to run a detach box mag, we've released an extended bottom metal that shares the same inlet footprint as the standard M5 but have shifted the mag well back 0.100" to gain more clearance up front — no machining of feed ramp. With Accurate Mag wsm magazines without the binder plate you can magazine feed at max magazine length. Rem 700 and some custom actions do require a Wyatt's cut in back end of receiver.

https://www.redsnake-tactical.com/products/m5-nextgen-bottom-metal

Talked to the guys at Alamo precision today. They told me red snake was what they decided to use on my build.
Excited for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts