New 7 Sherman Max

Ksduckhntr

i just picked up a 20" proof barrel and am sending it off for chambering and install. My dilemmas which actionto pair it with. Either a tikka 300 win mag donor or Winchester new haven 300wsm crf action. It will be sitting in a manners eh1 and suppressed. Which one would you build off?

i just picked up a 20" proof barrel and am sending it off for chambering and install. My dilemmas which actionto pair it with. Either a tikka 300 win mag donor or Winchester new haven 300wsm crf action. It will be sitting in a manners eh1 and suppressed. Which one would you build off?
No experience with the ww but the Tikkas are working great!

I'm building one as we speak:
Proof 26" sendero 1:8 w/ ti brake: 51oz
Lpa razor ti long action w/ Huber trigger & Hawkins bdl: 29oz
Ag composites Visigoth: 31oz bedded
All components in hand being shipped to straight jacket armory in Wyoming next week. I'm pretty excited about this one!

I'm building one as we speak:
Proof 26" sendero 1:8 w/ ti brake: 51oz
Lpa razor ti long action w/ Huber trigger & Hawkins bdl: 29oz
Ag composites Visigoth: 31oz bedded
All components in hand being shipped to straight jacket armory in Wyoming next week. I'm pretty excited about this one!

That's a solid list. Curious why you didn't go with the LPA Razor Ti mid length action though?

Curious, how can it have 10grains less powder but outrun it?
Brass that can handle pressure and its a very efficient design. My lrm could run 180 Bergers @ 2975, next node up @ 3090 would kill brass one shot. This case will run right there and brass will survive all day long I'm thinking.

I just ordered 200 of the 177 Gr hammer hunters to try in my 7mm Sherman MAX. The 195 Gr Berger's are very accurate out of it by want to try something different. I will let you all know how it goes.

I have also loaded for the 155 Gr Edge TLR bullets and they have taken a bull elk. If you have any questions about loads, feel free to send a PM.

RL26 is very good with the 195's. I wonder if it will work for the 177's too?

I had one spun up a couple months ago by straightjacket in Evanston.

I am a lefty and wanted a medium action to allow for seating the max out longer so I went with a tikka paired with hca's new longer mags for the short mags.

So far I have fire formed 50 cases and am now working up a load for the Hammer 177gr using n565. If that doesnt work, I have some h1000 in reserve. RL26 is like un-obtainium these days or I would have picked up some of that too.

I will toy with the berger 195's after that and have some 180 vld's kicking around too.

I need to get out and shoot this some more!

build details:

Left hand tikka t3x donor in 300 win mag.
mesa precision altitude stock
22.75" proof 1:8.4 twist sendero contour barrel threaded for suppressor use
YoDave trigger spring upgrade to factory trigger
HCA new mags allowing for 3 rounds of short mags
stuck with factory bottom metal for now (waiting to see new HSA bottom metal that will be out in a while)

I still need to send off the bolt for fluting (probably will use LRI), then will get it ceracoated and call it a day.

I have it topped with a bushnell lrhs 4.5-18 in hawkins tikka base/ring combo with built in bubble level to help keep weight down.

I am hoping to get into the 2800-2850 range with the 177 gr hammer hunters.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.