New 7 Sherman Max

I had one spun up a couple months ago by straightjacket in Evanston.

I am a lefty and wanted a medium action to allow for seating the max out longer so I went with a tikka paired with hca's new longer mags for the short mags.

So far I have fire formed 50 cases and am now working up a load for the Hammer 177gr using n565. If that doesnt work, I have some h1000 in reserve. RL26 is like un-obtainium these days or I would have picked up some of that too.

I will toy with the berger 195's after that and have some 180 vld's kicking around too.

I need to get out and shoot this some more!

build details:

Left hand tikka t3x donor in 300 win mag.
mesa precision altitude stock
22.75" proof 1:8.4 twist sendero contour barrel threaded for suppressor use
YoDave trigger spring upgrade to factory trigger
HCA new mags allowing for 3 rounds of short mags
stuck with factory bottom metal for now (waiting to see new HSA bottom metal that will be out in a while)

I still need to send off the bolt for fluting (probably will use LRI), then will get it ceracoated and call it a day.

I have it topped with a bushnell lrhs 4.5-18 in hawkins tikka base/ring combo with built in bubble level to help keep weight down.

I am hoping to get into the 2800-2850 range with the 177 gr hammer hunters.
I had one spun up a couple months ago by straightjacket in Evanston.

I am a lefty and wanted a medium action to allow for seating the max out longer so I went with a tikka paired with hca's new longer mags for the short mags.

So far I have fire formed 50 cases and am now working up a load for the Hammer 177gr using n565. If that doesnt work, I have some h1000 in reserve. RL26 is like un-obtainium these days or I would have picked up some of that too.

I will toy with the berger 195's after that and have some 180 vld's kicking around too.

I need to get out and shoot this some more!

build details:

Left hand tikka t3x donor in 300 win mag.
mesa precision altitude stock
22.75" proof 1:8.4 twist sendero contour barrel threaded for suppressor use
YoDave trigger spring upgrade to factory trigger
HCA new mags allowing for 3 rounds of short mags
stuck with factory bottom metal for now (waiting to see new HSA bottom metal that will be out in a while)

I still need to send off the bolt for fluting (probably will use LRI), then will get it ceracoated and call it a day.

I have it topped with a bushnell lrhs 4.5-18 in hawkins tikka base/ring combo with built in bubble level to help keep weight down.

I am hoping to get into the 2800-2850 range with the 177 gr hammer hunters.
You should get 3000'

Wouldn't a 7 Saum get the same velocity and have less psi? I have been reading on 7 saum and Sherman Max... I'm really not seeing a lot of benefits to go to a 7 Sherman Max...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.