What Sherman Cartridge ?????

I like the magnum bolt face Sherman options so much if it were me with a Rem LA Std BF I would get me a PTG R700 bolt Mag size and call it a day.

Then you'd have all those rounds based on the PRC case 28 30 38. It would IMHO be the perfect match set with the Savage SA running the 6.5SS. Covered from varmint to moose 0-1k+yds.

My pref would be the 30SM 26-28"+mini brake. Many like the 3b. If cost and look of fluting is an option a Bart light palma fluted would be stiffer and larger muzzle for threading diameter same weight as a 3b

With todays 30cal bullets options it's hard to go up or down a step. 215/230 Bergers, 230 A-tip, 195-225 ELD-X/M, 180-214 H Hunter 190/200 LRX certainly not hurting for great lr hunting options. 2900-3200FPS YUMMY!!

Hey Rich.... If one had a barrel chambered in 7saum, could it be rechambered for 7 sst or max? 8 twist barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.