SHERMAN CARTRIDGE UPDATE

elkaholic

There are a lot of good things happening thanks to the great support from so many of you.
First of all, there are some new reamers. We now have a 25sst that will compliment the new 131 grain Blackjack bullet. This thing will be a laser at 3350' with a .330+ g7 bullet at only 2.860" to the lands! It should perform extremely well in PRS as well as make a great hunting round
The 6mm sst at 3450' with a 115 DTAC or 110 Sierra has some jaw dropping numbers at only 16 moa at 1000 yards.
You can also run it on cruise control with low pressure at the PRS speed limit. There is a new 6.5sst reamer with more free bore to up performance at under 2.9" coal.
The ADG brass has made a hit with it's toughness and consistency. There will be another run of brass in the next couple weeks with the neck thinned down and will come 6.5 (no more need to neck down).
The 338ss has heen really impressive with powders like Varget running the 250 Berger over 2800'. The 7ss is more popular than ever with the new head stamped brass.
Don't forget about the Long action Shermans with best in class performance in the '06 head size which rivals the belted magnums. With new chamberings up to 375, there isn't much you can't hunt with a Sherman!
Another big step forward will be custom loaded ammo for the 6.5 sst. Copper Creek and American Reserve will be doing the manufacturing.
In the custom die arena, Forster dies have been added as an option to the Whidden brand.
I plan on sharing a booth with ADG at the shot show in January and hope to meet many of you there.
I will also be sharing a booth with Axial Precision at the Sheep show in Reno in February. Axial builds some very innovative and accurate rifles and will be partnering with Sherman Wildcats to produce some top quality firearms with umatched short action performance.
Future plans are to work with ADG to manufacture 40 degree shoulder brass in both the short and long action cartridges. There is no commitment at this time but the more people that contact them, the better the odds! After all, that's how we got the SS and SST brass in the first place!
Again, thanks to all of you that have supported me. It couldn't happen without you guys!!

Last edited:
You've been a busy boy, Rich. Hope you've had a little time to hunt. If ADG manufactors brass aross the board for SA & LA Shermans, you'll be off to the races, for sure. Guessing you'll have to buy a suit and tie. Congrats

My only draw back to not purchasing a Sherman caliber has been no loaded ammo. I am not in a place to be able to reload but if copper creek or another botique manufacturer loads some, it'll be my next build. Hoping a 7mm or 270 flavor will be next.

Axial rifles are interesting. Hope not to pull your thread off track, but do you have any insight on their new action? They don't use threads to attach barrel to action and claim improved accuracy by better alignment of barrel, action, and bolt.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.