Sherman SST cartridge info?

DJ Fergus

I've got a 2.865" length magazine restriction that I can't go Wyatt's with and want an sst just because. So I originally was dead set on the 7mm sst but I'm currently at five 7mm rifles. I already have a 25 cal, so now I'm tossing around 6mm sst or just go with a 7mm sst. A purpose driven need is not a goal or really a justification for this rifle. I've got all the parts laying around except the barrel so I'm not trying to fill a niche of any sort. I have a 6.5 saum so I don't want to go 6.5.
Can anyone tell me if the ADG Sherman SST brass in 7mm or 6mm needs neck turning?

I know the cartridges lend themselves to be non finicky and should yield wide nodes. I would guess that both will be non finicky but I would like the easiest tuning one of the two. My guess would be the 7mm sst. Suggestions ????

Last edited:
I've got a 2.865" length magazine restriction that I can't go Wyatt's with and want a sst just because. So I originally was dead set on the 7mm sst but I'm currently at five 7mm rifles. I already have a 25 cal, so now I'm tossing around 6mm sst or just go with a 7mm sst. A purpose driven need is not a goal or really a justification for this rifle. I've got all the parts laying around except the barrel so I'm not trying to fill a niche of any sort. I have a 6.5 saum so I don't want to go 6.5.
Can anyone tell me if the ADG Sherman SST brass in 7mm or 6mm needs neck turning?

I know the cartridges lend themselves to be non finicky and should yield wide nodes. I would guess that both will be non finicky but I would like the easiest tuning one of the two. My guess would be the 7mm sst. Suggestions ????
They do not need neck turning

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.