What Sherman Cartridge ?????

Yes, a std magnum
It works well on a mid or long action and would even do well with a short action with spitzer style bullets or most monos
Thanks! I am planning to use a 9 twist 26" #5 barrel. I am thinking this would make a excellent lokg range elk rifle with plenty power for anything on the continent......and a fun build

Something bad you will find out about building a Sherman. You will build more! Love my 6.5 SST. Have parts at Whidden for a 338 SST and have a barrel bought for a short barrel 6.5 SST and one bought for a 7mm something. Either 7 SST or 28 Sherman Mag. It never ends.

Something bad you will find out about building a Sherman. You will build more! Love my 6.5 SST. Have parts at Whidden for a 338 SST and have a barrel bought for a short barrel 6.5 SST and one bought for a 7mm something. Either 7 SST or 28 Sherman Mag. It never ends.
I can see that happening. Maybe we should form support group.

Is whidden building it for you?

I thought about a 28 Sherman but have a 280AI barrel coming soon. I'll probably put a different bolt face on the Savage and do a short magnum, not sure what one

Is whidden building it for you?

I thought about a 28 Sherman but have a 280AI barrel coming soon. I'll probably put a different bolt face on the Savage and do a short magnum, not sure what one

Yes Whidden is building my 338 SST. Can't wait to get it.

oh, this one is way too confusing to me to comment on. too many cartridges and too much alteration for me to keep up with.. so many ideas, so little time to absorb. I am going to sit back and watch this one develop. *munching popcorn*

I would do the 30 SM, check it out on Rich Shermans facebook page.

With a standard bolt face, he would be limited to 6.5/270/280/300/338 Sherman line up based off the 270/280 case. If he had a long action magnum boltface, the 30 SM would work.

I'm a huge fan of my 6.5 Sherman

IMG_7023.jpg

Bartlein 1:8 twist Light Palma finished at 25" (excluding the 2 port mini brake).

Dallas Lane of Lane Precision Rifles was the builder.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts