6.5 sherman throating update

elkaholic

Hi guys......When I developed the 6.5 Sherman back in '09, we didn't have the heavy bullet options that we have now, nor did we have RL33 powder. For this reason, I have decided to offer another throating option which will better optimize bullets like the 160 Matrix. This throat will put just the boat tail portion of the bullet inside the case body. The result will be over a grain of useable capacity and will allow max loads of RL33 powder. The Sherman has a long neck, so this throat configuration will work well with the 150's, and even the long 140's. The biggest advantage will be more velocity with the heavies at no cost. Or if you like, the same velocity with a little less pressure. The coal will be well within standard 700 Remington magazine limits. The original Sherman throat will still work well, but for those who want an increase with the heavies, I will post the recommended throating soon. This could easily be accomplished by your smith with a .264" throat reamer, for small $$.............Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.