(SHERMAN) WHATS NEW FOR 2019

If you are going with the 6.5SS why skimp on quality of your firearm?
Defiance or American Rifle Co. action, Bartlett or Proof barrel, Bixn Andy tac sport trigger and a McMillan or Manners stock.
Not everyone can afford to spend $1,300+ on just the action. After buying and blueprinting a 700, I have about 1/3 of that invested and it will shoot just as good, just might not look as nice and fancy. Don't get me wrong, if I could afford a custom action based rifle, I would definitely give Chase Curtis a call and have him build it for me, and have Joel Russo build the stock for it.

Very true! The 6.5 SS will be a great rifle regardless of the package. I can't wait to build a 7SST. Hope it will be as nice as the 6.5. Gotta love this stuff!
Jim

decided to stay with my texas roots
stiller predator action , shilen barrel
have a 264 win mag made off of a tikka action that is **** near impossible to beat

Just my $0.02
I wouldn't hesitate using a Tikka action. I built a 338SS on this action and it performs just as flawless as all my high end custom actions. And with so many quality stock options available, you could still give it quite the custom appearance that you're after. Changing out the trigger spring is extremely easy and economical too.
Best wishes on your build

agree for sure

has anyone out there built the 6.5ss in a true short action. Looking at the stiller predator I would have to go with medium action I believe.

I guess what would help me the most is to know what the OAL of the 147 eldm is?

I think the the largest magazine I can use with the stiller is 2.90 in the short action and 3.25 in the medium

agree for sure

has anyone out there built the 6.5ss in a true short action. Looking at the stiller predator I would have to go with medium action I believe.

I guess what would help me the most is to know what the OAL of the 147 eldm is?

I think the the largest magazine I can use with the stiller is 2.90 in the short action and 3.25 in the medium
The 2.90" would work fine as the 147 to the lands is around 2.970" but they like to be jumped .025-.030".
With the medium though, you could easily run any of the new heavies like the 150 Sierra or the Berger, should it appear. Some of the monos are very long as well.

The 2.90" would work fine as the 147 to the lands is around 2.970" but they like to be jumped .025-.030".
With the medium though, you could easily run any of the new heavies like the 150 Sierra or the Berger, should it appear. Some of the monos are very long as well.

FYI - AICS magazines are as long as 2.97 internally on a short action.

Nice, Went by Stiller to get action today. They showed me facility. Russ and the folks over there are good people. Ended up going with the medium predator. Oh well. I guess if they come out with some really long bullets I will be good to go

Rich, Any plans to put out some ADG brass for the 300 PRC SI? I'm getting ready to build a 300 mag and as of right now I have settled on a 300 NMI, in large part because of the better brass available from Peterson.

Rich, Any plans to put out some ADG brass for the 300 PRC SI? I'm getting ready to build a 300 mag and as of right now I have settled on a 300 NMI, in large part because of the better brass available from Peterson.
I would not be at all surprised if someone didn't have better brass before long.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.