ADG Brass

There is no doubt ADG brass is good and I use it for a few calibers. However, for what they charge the quality out of the box should be much better than it is. Thought maybe I had some bad lots but have heard the same story from others. The case mouths look they were cut off at the neck with a hack saw and have to be run through a three way cutter before I would ever run through one of my neck bushings. Inside neck diameter was also so large they had to be necked down to get .002" below bullet diameter.

If it's going to take that much work to prep new brass, just skip the fancy box and lower the price.

Last edited:
I've only had a couple of boxes so far. Mine were near perfect. Packaging was as good as any brass I have ever bought. No dings or rough edges. Probably lucky as dings at the mouth are very common on new brass from my experience. A quick run through a neck die will fix them right up.

Dented necks I bet are done shipping I've never got any bras that didn't have some necks dings.
Starline is close to zero but every 100 had at least one. Larger cases seem to have it more.
I've never let a few dents and dings bother me on brass. As long as I can run it through the sizing and priming dies, as soon as I pull the trigger those little imperfections will be smoothed out.

There is no doubt ADG brass is good and I use it for a few calibers. However, for what they charge the quality out of the box should be much better than it is. Thought maybe I had some bad lots but have heard the same story from others. The case mouths look they were cut off at the neck with a hack saw and have to be run through a three way cutter before I would ever run through one of my neck bushings. Inside neck diameter was also so large they had to be necked down to get .002" below bullet diameter.

If it's going to take that much work to prep new brass, just skip the fancy box and lower the price.
Well that's not going to happen.

I've always run my new brass through just to uniform it all so it doesn't bother me at all as long as I end up with good brass after uniforming to load.

No kidding.......
I do the same with all my brass too but my point is being missed.

If I wanted to, I could load most Lapua brass without having to do much at all to most of the cases. With the ADG I've had, I am paying much more than Lapua for brass that absolutely has to be run through a 3-way trimmer and neck sized before use. Not all case mouths are square and the length is often shorter than trim length. I would expect more from something I pay a premium for.

Unfortunately no one else makes 7 SS brass and my choice with the 6.5 SAUM is ADG or Hornady.........Not a hard decision there.

Last edited:
So I was fortunate enough to get some ADG 300 wsm brass which I'm using in my 7-300 wsm 45 degree improved.
I'll start by saying I've used plenty of Lapua in the past and it is NOT more consistent than ADG in terms of capacity, dimensionally, or weight.
I don't care who makes the brass I always run virgin cases through a neck expanding mandrel. 002 under caliber, this gives the best concentricity and neck tension.

After necking the ADG 300 wsm brass down to 7mm and fire forming, I shot one piece over and over again with hot loads looking for max pressure.
I annealed every 5 shots and loaded over and over with a load that gave ejector marks, this was strictly to test the brass toughness.

My expectations are far exceeded, I'm at 30 firings now and the pockets are tight as new!
I've killed Lapua brass in 9 firings with similar testing.

Here's a pic of the case head after the 29th loading, notice the ejector marks.

ADG is setting the new standard in excellence, plus the stars and stripes above the logo Made in USA
makes me smile
20220226_073950.jpg

27th firing next to parent case
20220224_153330.jpg

So I was fortunate enough to get some ADG 300 wsm brass which I'm using in my 7-300 wsm 45 degree improved.
I'll start by saying I've used plenty of Lapua in the past and it is NOT more consistent than ADG in terms of capacity, dimensionally, or weight.
I don't care who makes the brass I always run virgin cases through a neck expanding mandrel. 002 under caliber, this gives the best concentricity and neck tension.

After necking the ADG 300 wsm brass down to 7mm and fire forming, I shot one piece over and over again with hot loads looking for max pressure.
I annealed every 5 shots and loaded over and over with a load that gave ejector marks, this was strictly to test the brass toughness.

My expectations are far exceeded, I'm at 30 firings now and the pockets are tight as new!

ADG is setting the new standard in excellence, plus the stars and stripes above the logo Made in USA
makes me smile
View attachment 344721

View attachment 344722
Glad you like it......Wish my experience was the same.

Last edited:
if you get new brass and load it without first running it through a Full Length sizing die set up properly.....

I got news for you ...... you're doing it wrong ....
What prompted that response? I don't recall anyone in this thread saying they load brass without doing that. Thanks for the advice though.....I'm kinda new to reloading and shooting 🤣

if you get new brass and load it without first running it through a Full Length sizing die set up properly.....

I got news for you ...... you're doing it wrong ....

What prompted that response? I don't recall anyone in this thread saying they load brass without doing that. Thanks for the advice though.....I'm kinda new to reloading and shooting 🤣
I Haven't used ADG brass yet but for the price I would expect more too. My Peterson brass I use has been perfect. I'm pretty anal about prep but I got to the point with it in my 6mm Creed where I do zero brass prep with new brass as I saw no difference in accuracy and it was just wasting my time anyways.

It shoots groups in the .1's" with brand new brass with zero prep out of the box. I would expect the same out of ADG that is substantially more expensive, especially since it comes in a box and padded Like Peterson.

I Haven't used ADG brass yet but for the price I would expect more too. My Peterson brass I use has been perfect. I'm pretty anal about prep but I got to the point with it in my 6mm Creed where I do zero brass prep with new brass as I saw no difference in accuracy and it was just wasting my time anyways.

It shoots groups in the .1's" with brand new brass with zero prep out of the box. I would expect the same out of ADG that is substantially more expensive, especially since it comes in a box and padded Like Peterson.
I use 30 Nos Peterson brass and it's really good stuff as well, I will say though the case mouths were all sorts of dented up and they needed chamfered and debured.
Again this is not a big deal, I care more about the quality.
Also Peterson brass is not cheaper than ADG, it's actually more expensive in some offerings, I guess 7 RM is slightly less.
I bought ADG 6 creed for $40/50, can't seem to find it anywhere now though..
I'm wondering if they discontinued it?

makes me smile
View attachment 344721

View attachment 344722

Not doubting your experiences....But I didn't know Lapua made WSM brass. What am I missing here?