Hornady brass VS. Adg brass (6.5prc)

If you plan on being into the 6.5prc for the long haul, I'd opt for the better brass upfront. Not saying Hornady is bad, and on occasions here it has saved the day on a couple rifles when new brass was needed pronto and it was all we could find. But I've also chambered a rifle and leaned on Hornady brass and it was great, then rebarrel and buy another lot and had nothing but problems. To me with Hornady brass, trying to estimate life expectancy of it has proved futile, and buying new brass for a barrel that has 30-40% life left in it is asinine.

I have reloaded and shot both and I have found that for a couple of my rifles/calibers ADG brass yielded better groups, es, and sd....SLIGHTLY....over the Hornady with the same powder and bullet. However for others of my rifles it made no difference. I will say though, that I have never experienced the other way around: Hornady outperforming the ADG.

I have to say my great friend Martin at Williamsport PA can make that hornady brass shoot. Watched him win the world open for score at Williamsport PA a couple of years ago. He uses Hornady dies too. I bet if I gave him some lapua he wouldn't give it back. But it just shows how good it is for us right now.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.