ADG Brass

Well I had people tell me I HAD TO BUY stupid expensive brass because that is always the best.

Have a custom 223 that won't shoot as well as it should. Yep sure as heck got the LAPUA speech. Results were stupid money spent with accuracy/velocity results the exact same as LC, WW, RP, FC brass. Test fired Lapua at 3x cost against FC for 15 rounds with same bullet primer powder at same velocity. Not one bit of difference.

Now I have some ADG in 338 Edge. Will do the same thing with up sized RP brass. I might be surprised and spending three times the cost for brass is worth it.

What I don't understand is the extremely high price of Nosler brass. The only thing good about it is the availability. I guess the price is the main reason you can still find it.
Nosler makes brass for lots of companies. You pay the Nosler brass price because the market can stand it. If price was why we can find it why can't we find the really stupid expensive brass? Nosler has been in business 75 years and has not sold out to Wall Street controllers. They run and have ran a highly successful business model.

No matter the brass company, the necks come tight. You need to run over expander mandrel or the button of your FL die to set your neck tension the same. They still seat harder than fired brass with equal measurements.

I would WAY rather have to bump shoulders back on a few cases than have some Norma brass that's .007 short of a go gauge. Some of the complaints I see about ADG brass are from people with less experience. I have shot plenty of ADG, Lapua, Norma, Nosler. ADG and Lapua for me. ADG just has more offerings that fits my needs.

Don't mean to derail the thoughts on ADG. I really like ADG and Peterson. Nosler is selling for $110 a box and Peterson is selling for $66 a box for 280ai for example. I would expect Nosler to be able to compete on a price point with ADG and Peterson.

This bull disagrees with you…

View attachment 345041
There's as many right and wrong ways to kill an elk as there are elk hunters and wannabe elk hunters.

If there's a huge secret to reloading, it's simply this, "Consistency".

The more consistent your brass, bullets, primers, powder, equipment, and techniques are they higher the likelihood of producing some extremely accurate ammo with single digit spreads.

Conversely you can do everything perfectly wrong but as long as you get a prime seated, powder inside the brass, and a bullet of proper size plugging the hole you'll probably be able to kill something with it.

Consistency however produces repeatable results. It also will tell you pretty quickly where to look for most problems that then popup later.

Whining about everything has become the "new normal", some guys finally get high quality brass, so they search & dig for something else to cry about & will whine & exaggerate loudly for sympathy & coddling....

about something that is common in the brass mfg industry and is well known to be caused in the final stages of production before shipping,
Running that brass through a FL die does magical, wonderful things to round out the dents in the case mouth and is pure genius common sense ,
wow ! who knew ?

It's the same as a newbie carpenter pulling a nail from his nail bags and then start complaining wildly that the nail is pointing the wrong direction

maybe it's for the other side of the building ?

Last edited:
No matter the brass company, the necks come tight. You need to run over expander mandrel or the button of your FL die to set your neck tension the same. They still seat harder than fired brass with equal measurements.
Good point for sure. I'll probably start implementing running a mandrel or button. More consistent neck tension won't hurt.

Hope to get my hands on some 300 RUM ADG At some point.

Why is it wrong?
Because seating bullets into dented case mouths ? maybe damage bullets and/or create concentricity, out of round issues that affect accuracy ?

then of course... it's the bullets fault.. brass at fault .. scope... barrel, etc

most times the monkey operating the equipment creates the problems, a common occurrence but somehow it's "insensitive" to mention anymore

648E16E1-5381-46A3-8831-295D4B21163B.jpeg

Whining about everything has become the "new normal", some guys finally get high quality brass, so they search & dig for something else to cry about & will whine & exaggerate loudly for sympathy & coddling....

about something that is common in the brass mfg industry and is well known to be caused in the final stages of production before shipping,
Running that brass through a FL die does magical, wonderful things to round out the dents in the case mouth as and is pure genius common sense ,
wow ! who knew ?

It's the same as a newbie carpenter pulling a nail from his nail bags and then start complaining wildly that the nail is pointing the wrong direction

maybe it's for the other side of the building ?
Actually a more accurate comparison would be if the Carpenter pulled his nail from the bag and it was bent too bad to use as is and had no point. So he complains about having to straighten every nail and file a point on them before he can use them 😃.

Just because bent necks and damage has been accepted in the industry doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't improve. I love high quality brass and will do whatever prep I have to. If I had a choice I'd rather do less prep than more, YMMV. Just my .02

Actually a more accurate comparison would be if the Carpenter pulled his nail from the bag and it was bent too bad to use as is and had no point. So he complains about having to straighten every nail and file a point on them before he can use them 😃.

Just because bent necks and damage has been accepted in the industry doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't improve. I love high quality brass and will do whatever prep I have to. If I had a choice I'd rather do less prep than more, YMMV. Just my .02
Welcome to the world of forums. There will always be someone that has to let their presence be known just because they don't like your opinion on something. It gets downright comical after a while and I'm probably guilty of egging it on a bit. Can't wait to see the response I get on this one 🤣🤣