I am very dissapointed with Berger bullets regarding the 338 hybrid bullet.

If I might make a suggestion.

If you have a rifle capable of shooting a copper bullet of the same dimensions the you could machine an identical copy of your bullet.

Obviously this would never experience "nose slump", and shooting it to 3300 fps should be able to come close to verifying the theory.

edge.

If that is the actual size of the tip and they use a conventional thin jacket, they won't have any trouble with expansion!

And why not put 11 more grains of lead in it? 296 grains would be intriguing. :D

Maybe to avoid "NOSE SLUMP"?????

I don't know what you think, but it sounds like a disgusting condition. I would hate to catch it. Didn't a well known singer have it?

I have Dropsy and Heart trouble.

My butt dropped down and I don't have the heart to pick it up!

It may be now called Butt Slump.

BTW I shot a Hybrid into my media full tilt @ 300 yds.

The base sure gave no indications of slump.

I'll do a thread w/pics in a moment or two, maybe , I hope.:rolleyes:

Man you guys keep talkin about gettin old. I for one refuse to belive that my L/R/H hero's and buddys here are old and slumped......''Aged'', maybe, but not old. You guys are way too much FUN to be old and slumped. Plus none of you act your age. I refuse to ever grow up, no matter how many years keep sneakin up on me (wich as of yet still only qualifies me as a whipper-snapper), but you guys cant get old! If you get old, that means that someday Ill have to get old. That Aint gonna happen.
Hey wait a minute, do I have to grow up in order to get old, or is there a secret loop hole somewhere that you guys have found that I dont know about yet?

Compared to a bullet I guess Im still in testing and development, as I have no slumping issues to date:D. I have found my pressure ceiling tho (Im married and have kids:D). Im not poking fun at Berger, Im just keeping the mood light with the self proclaimed ''old and slumped'' crew. This is still about balistics right? hahahaha

Last edited:
The loop hole is the mind. I can't control slump but, I can control whether I want to be an old crabby bitter fart.

As stated, old is a state of mind!

When see I see with the eyes of a 30 year old! (lens transplants:rolleyes:) Meaning that I see things as a much younger fella than looks back at me in the mirror.:)

Holey Squat, you are all young bucks, even Rich. I'm 67 and headed for 9 mile hike in the Lemhi mountains week after next. WhooHoooo!

As Winston Churchill proclaimed, "Never, NEVER, NEVER, grow up!!":)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.