The Most DISSAPOINTING Bullet there ever was...

Thebobcat

What is the bullet have you completely written off? The bullet you wouldn't recommend to your worst enemy? You've tried it and given it all the chances. It won't shoot minute of barn for you, opens up at distance, terminal ballistics suck, no expansion, no penetration, no blood, etc. It flat out just gave you too much heartache. Let's hear it...

Boy you are a glutton! I predicted 25 pages on the cartridge you hate and it was north of 50. So 63 is my Funk and Wagnals guess.

583FB0AA-AB7B-42C6-9485-7483032281B4.gif

What is the bullet have you completely written off? The bullet you wouldn't recommend to your worst enemy? You've tried it and given it all the chances. It won't shoot minute of barn for you, opens up at distance, terminal ballistics suck, no expansion, no penetration, no blood, etc. It flat out just gave you too much heartache. Let's hear it...

A vintage'80's 300 grain Sierra BTSP when fired from my .375 H&H. "Motoring along" at a very modest velocity, in both animals and in a test medium, the bullets completely came apart. On close range shots….even the jacket completely "came from untogether"! 😉

I had purchased several boxes ….they were quickly regulated to "fire forming" loads for my "then new" .375 AI. I will compliment them on their performance on Prairie Dogs and Jack Rabbits…..which is all I could recommend them for!

I used to joke that you couldn't shoot paper with them because it was impossible to measure the groups……as they expanded to violently on the target paper! 😂 memtb

Last edited:
Woof! That's disappointing. I've had mixed success with them as well.

My only experience with the ELDX was from my granddaughter's 6.5 Creedmore, fired into gallon jugs lined-up @ 30 yards. Only entered into the 3rd jug, and only recovered very small shards of jacket and core?

While this was not an animal, my results were just the opposite of DakataFire101!

Obviously, other people love them and have success with them…..personally, I will never risk hunting big game with them! JMO. memtb