The Most DISSAPOINTING Bullet there ever was...

I'm about to get hate mail! Barnes of any kind.
I've had the worst luck with Barnes too, I've tried 6 different bullets in 3 different rifles and not once did I get acceptable accuracy, I hear a lot of people have very good luck with them so my guess is I'm to picky for them….. could get them to mao or so but the bergers shoot in the .1's and vmax's in the .2's so Barnes is out for me

Last edited:
So we will have a lot of comments on bullet failure with little to NO ACTUAL PROOF or the actual bullet. This was a bullet that I've killed my perfect shot-kill streak that I had for a year culling now that's a lot of animals. I switched to this because of an upcoming hunt and instantly went 2 kills for 9 shots 50 yds out to 400+ the wounded running way past 500-1000+ yds into the rain forest lost forever. You could see the blood running down the animals and limping away. The animals we recovered were shot by my partner.

YES maybe I missed but when an animal drops, only to stand back up or wiggle and stumble or sprint away to me it's a hit. Went back to my old load and went perfect till today. This is a 7mm mag with a 145 gr. (I won't say the name because I don't want to spread any negativity) this is just my experience and opinion. Maybe it was operator error and all my fault but I won't ever use these again.

Edit… per advertising "our bullets are design to lose petals that then radiate in a star pattern while the base continues straight on for maximum damage" in my opinion it sheared off instead of losing its petals. This is the second one I found but lost it while cleaning the animal. This was from a body shot as the other animal was. Old bullets killed like it was shot from buckshot at 10 feet.

Attachments

• 08C53B42-E711-43AB-ADEC-DC8E94B170DF.png
    08C53B42-E711-43AB-ADEC-DC8E94B170DF.png
    568.8 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Nosler Accubond Long Range.

Not necessarily for killing prowess, because I have never used them for hunting. It is so rare that I actually get them to group consistently well, they have ALMOST NEVER made it into the field. I would honestly say 3 out of 30 rifles I have tried them in shot acceptable.
Doesn't matter the caliber or bullet weight. And I have tried a LOT of variations. 90% of the time, I get a 2 into one hole, and then a flier. So, they almost never even make to final load development stages.

I haven't got a single one that I've hated honestly. Being there for around 40+ kills and most of them being mine, all bullets (VLD, Hybrid target, ELD X, ELD M, Barnes TTSX, Hammers and probably a couple more) performed exactly as intended, except for one hammer failure. And it stone the buck anyways lol.

Edit to say that accubonds suck at killing at lowish impact velocities, but still kill, if you don't mind waiting a minute or two lol.

Is that the same company that made the Texan reloader presses?They must have ventured into bullets but didn't stay in.
Them or not?Rotex?
I believe you are right.. I think I remember them making reloading equipment…for some reason I seem to remember my granddad having some dies from them. And if im talking about my granddad you know thats a lot of years ago…lol