The Most DISSAPOINTING Bullet there ever was...

This for me too. I think the design is probably really good but I have burned up way too much powder and primers across several cartridges trying to get them to shoot.

They are THE most finicky bullet I've ever tried to tune.

I have ONE rifle that loves them but all others can't get under a 2" group with them on proven 1/2 MOA or better rifles.
I found fine it the other way with accubond.

I wish they would shoot good for me, I really do. I think they are a good design.
What are you using. Rife type? If you don't mind saying. All my bullet I use are boattails. No flat base, because I do shot out to 500yds from time to time.
They alway performed well for me. No matter what I am using. 220 swift, 25/06, 264, 7mm Rem, 308NM, and 338WM. I am going to Hammer bullets in my 1 new rifle and have a second one being built. (different smith. Less than a year).The twist rate is faster to handle the all copper bullets. I also liking at extending my range out to 700+yds on P. dogs.
Some day I'll get my new 338WM in a 26" barrel. I will stay 200gr Accubond. I am trying to see if I can get an extra 100 to 200fps out of it.
Presently using a Mark 11 in a ruger with a 24" barrel. It a tack driver, Getting 3200fps out of it.
it's been in the shop from 2016. I just found the receipt for it the other day 😂 I am glad I don't get mad about it. and I should, but I purchase a lot of firearms from him. I like his muzzle brakes.
Life is to short to get mad any more. I do, not near as much.

What are you using. Rife type? If you don't mind saying. All my bullet I use are boattails. No flat base, because I do shot out to 500yds from time to time.
They alway performed well for me. No matter what I am using. 220 swift, 25/06, 264, 7mm Rem, 308NM, and 338WM. I am going to Hammer bullets in my 1 new rifle and have a second one being built. (different smith. Less than a year).The twist rate is faster to handle the all copper bullets. I also liking at extending my range out to 700+yds on P. dogs.
Some day I'll get my new 338WM in a 26" barrel. I will stay 200gr Accubond. I am trying to see if I can get an extra 100 to 200fps out of it.
Presently using a Mark 11 in a ruger with a 24" barrel. It a tack driver, Getting 3200fps out of it.
it's been in the shop from 2016. I just found the receipt for it the other day 😂 I am glad I don't get mad about it. and I should, but I purchase a lot of firearms from him. I like his muzzle brakes.
Life is to short to get mad any more. I do, not near as much.
Are you asking what kind of rifle I am shooting the Accubond LRs with no luck?

I will play: TC Shockwave bullet. Acted more like FMJ. Even at relatively close range of 40 yards.
I'd be interested which ones you had bad luck with. I killed at least 40-50 deer with the 200gr 40cal and it performed outstanding. The 250gr 45cal actually had a reputation for being too soft. The bonded 300gr was much tougher on deer, I shot a few, they expanded but not nearly as much.

What calibers and cartridge?
260AI - 142ABLR 7.5 twist Brux barrel 2.5" groups. Shoots 140 Berger VLD in .2"

308 Win - 168 ABLR Factory 11.25 twist 5R barrel. Huge freebore but shoots 175 Bergers and oddly enough 168 Gold Dots in .5". Best I could get with ABLR was 3".

264 Win Mag Improved (your favorite 😁) - 150 ABLR 8 twist Proof Carbon Sendero. Throated for 156 EOL and shoots those in .2" with boring consistency. Shoots the ABLR at 1.5".

Has me stumped.

Out of my 25/06 I was using until I run out 120gr BT's. In my 308NM I using 165gr Accubond @ 3300fps, In my 338WM using 200gr Accubond @ 3230fps. All groups at about 1/2" @ 100yds. At 500yds they are at about 3".
All of the rifles shoot the standard Accubond bullets just fine. It the long range version that gives me fits.

All of the rifles shoot the standard Accubond bullets just fine. It the long range version that gives me fits.
What velocity are you running these at? I believe I read they don't do well at high velocity. Like over 3000 FPS or something like that. Believe it may of been Kirby Allen who talked about that.

I'd be interested which ones you had bad luck with. I killed at least 40-50 deer with the 200gr 40cal and it performed outstanding. The 250gr 45cal actually had a reputation for being too soft. The bonded 300gr was much tougher on deer, I shot a few, they expanded but not nearly as much.
.45 250 gr Shock Wave that at times penciled through or blew up. Quite a few reports confirming same experience. My son had same issue. My last kill with one was a doe at 45 yds, went over 250 yds, laid down, had to finish her off. Perfect crease hit, perfect penciled through with zero expansion. We had numerous kills of head scratching what is going on with this bullet.

We've had really good luck with them which surprised us when we started to get this type of terminal performance. Maybe bad run that we drew short straw on but nevertheless, it happened.

We went to the Hornady .45 250 gr FTX with TC yellow sabot and it has been stellar with accuracy and terminal performance. I believe the FTX has better range of expansion as well. I killed my 2nd best buck (156 7/8) with the FTX couple years ago and bullet performed perfect. One shot in crease, good expansion, exit hole was significantly larger than entry conversely the Shock Wave did not for us. It just had inconsistent performance for us.

If a bullet does not perform under circumstances you believe it should, you change it. I feel it actually was a positive to go to the FTX. Oh great, good luck finding them now.

I've been thinking about this. As they say that won't get me to far. 😂 Last night I was thing twist rate was to fast. Your are using Long Range bullets. I don't have any experience those types bullets. I believe that you have the twist rate to go to all copper bullets like Hammer bullets. I have been impressed on how they are built. Agin I having used them yet, but this summer I think I'll get the chance to use them with a rifle that has the twist rate needed to do the job this summer. I have a 2nd being built, but won't see it until next year. So I'll keep watching and reading. My come across something that may help.
Some rifle just don't like some bullets, and I have come across that over the year.
This is a great place to read and learn. So good some bad.