Christensen arms ridgeline rifles how accurate?

I've never had a problem with them at all and I have several, set the action screws at 50# and have at it
20210813_193649.jpg
20191005_193212.jpg
20191005_152205.jpg

Christensen has quality control problems you should be aware of before you buy. Read the threads from customers who have had trouble with Christensen.
In the last 2 years america has had a quality control issue. Blaming a single company for a fall in quality control right now is really a stupid thing. Go look at rvs, cars, new houses. Does the place you used to like to eat at have the same quality food and service. Think about this. The people you people are bitching about at least showed up for work. They didn't hide in their houses, working from behind a key board or living off the "free" money. If you got a bad Christensen did they make it right? If Anyone has a factory original ridge line or Mesa long range they aren't happy with I'd be a buyer at 50% of what they paid for it. Hit me up.

I have shot three different Ridgeline models in 270, 30-06, and 7 mm Rem Mag. All three shot small three-shot groups with factory ammo. Small means measuring noticably under 1 inch at 100 yards.

The 7 mm Rem Mag will shoot 1 inch groups at 200 yards with H-1000 and the 180 grain ELD-M. That combination will drop an elk almost in its tracks too.

I've never owned one. I keep coming back and looking at them from time-to-time (for a decade now). I over analyze purchases.

The reviews have been so hit or miss. I seem to find the reviews that suggest their customer service is complete garbage when there is a problem. Those reviews are the most concerning. They're a mass produced rifle, at a price that is attractive vs. custom, so I'd expect some issues because of the volume they put out. Newb on the job, too many barley pops last night.... It's the customer service reviews that keep me away.

Stock design is also a huge miss for me. I'd have to replace it with a vertical grip (Add $700+ to cost).

For similar weight and price, I'm looking at the Seekins Havak PH2. Their magazine allows for a 3.9" COAL.
1671287606885.png

Sheels has them in-stock, right now (300 Win Mag):
"Mountain Shadow" or "Urban Shadow" finish.
1671287710440.png

Eurooptic.com has this one in stock (300 Win Mag):

1671288091328.png

Last edited:
Howdy, I'm with the crowd that likes them. I have 3 - 2 Mesa and 1 Ridgeline. Mesa in 7- 08 has been a 1 hole shooter from day one, Mesa 6/5 creedmore same thing, Ridgeline 300 Win same thing 1 hole, now it did take some playing when I was loading 165 Swift Scirocco. But if you ever loaded Scirocco you would understand, but I have them 3 shots covered with a nickel. All the chamber's are tight, creedmore won't take Nosler brass, but is fine with Peterson, Lapua, Norma. If you're looking to get 3.7.... in the mag , won't fit. Yes you may be flipping a coin, even all out custom rifles will need some massaging. If you have dough don't buy it. 👍🎅 Merry Christmas

I've never owned one. I keep coming back and looking at them from time-to-time (for a decade now). I over analyze purchases.

The reviews have been so hit or miss. I seem to find the reviews that suggest their customer service is complete garbage when there is a problem. Those reviews are the most concerning. They're a mass produced rifle, at a price that is attractive vs. custom, so I'd expect some issues because of the volume they put out. Newb on the job, too many barley pops last night.... It's the customer service reviews that keep me away.

Stock design is also a huge miss for me. I'd have to replace it with a vertical grip (Add $700+ to cost).

For similar weight and price, I'm looking at the Seekins Havak PH2. Their magazine allows for a 3.9" COAL.
View attachment 419107

View attachment 419108

View attachment 419114
Howdy, this is another rifle company that will have issues in the future. Now being mass produced. If you want one get it now. When they start making thousands a year????? IMO. 🙄

I assume that all the negative comments about the CA Ridgeline rifle boils down to accuracy problems correct?? No problems with feeding, triggers, warped stocks etc. I would like to hear more about the specifics of the problems that people had

In the last 2 years america has had a quality control issue. Blaming a single company for a fall in quality control right now is really a stupid thing. Go look at rvs, cars, new houses. Does the place you used to like to eat at have the same quality food and service. Think about this. The people you people are bitching about at least showed up for work. They didn't hide in their houses, working from behind a key board or living off the "free" money. If you got a bad Christensen did they make it right? If Anyone has a factory original ridge line or Mesa long range they aren't happy with I'd be a buyer at 50% of what they paid for it. Hit me up.
This all started way before 2 years with QC. That's a swing and a miss. There is truth to what you say about all consumer products as a whole have dipped. I don't think anyone will argue that sediment. There are better for the money and won't need a re barrel. I've dealt with a few myself that honestly scared me with pressure issues. The guy would keep a 3 pcs ramrod to extract a case every other round since the bolt would not extract it. The extractor never failed. The brass would be "stuck". However, My brother still has one that's good.
The good thing is some of their products are slowing down in production. They have stopped production on some of the parts, at least at the machine shop up my way.

As for the Op. There won't be issues with the triggers. They didn't make them. They are triggertech. Though they are not their higher end ones. I almost wonder if the op is trolling here. Read just on this site… there are literally hundreds of post on them. To hash out CAs crap every other month is a top 173 topic on this site. Then use google and make your choice from there. You will get any answer you want from both sides. Please don't have a follow up question about Creedmoors, Tangents or hammers.😉. Good luck with your search.

Op, remember you use reloads and warranty is void.

Last edited:

View attachment 419107

View attachment 419108

View attachment 419114
☝️

Seekins rifles are outstanding… they shoot great, and customer service is beyond outstanding. I own a PH2 and an Element, wouldn't trade mine for a thing.

Thanks for the info. One unanswered question, can you seat your bullets out magazine length
I did load development on a ridgeline FFT in 300 win mag recently with 215 bergers. I was able to seat to the lands and still fit in the mag. I was advised by others prior to getting this rifle that this is common.

Do the FFT's seem to be better or have less issues? Didn't know if they cleaned them up a bit. I like the look for a lite weight model.