christensen arms ridgeline, I need help.

Because most guys getting into shooting lr are stepping above that price point to say they spent more money. 99.9% of the guys who shoot the others are not on this forum. The ones that are very rarely shoot anything still factory 100%. Not knocking your experience. But I think a lot of shooters are getting pushed the wrong way on Christensen.

I can't speak for the 10 you shot.
I am concerned with the one I own.
I spent a lot of time and money trying to get it to shoot.
Apparently Christensen arms agreed and put a new barrel on it.
Yes it shoots really well so far with the new barrel.
Will I buy another Christensen,,, maybe But I would be awfully reluctant.
A lot of defenders of Ca like to harp on user error. If that's the case, where are the tikka , savage , ruger etc complaints?
I've had a few savages and they've all shot better than a used $400 rifle should. I have a buddy with a CA, it shoots decent but the chamber is overly tight and shows pressure earlier than expected. Another buddy with the exact rifle in a different cartridge has one too, that one is fine. They both come over to reload and I started for one and wasn't overly impressed. These are both Mesa's not Ridglines. Either way, with the amount of complaints I've heard and my own experience, I'd also be reluctant to buy one.

And get that. Maybe we have just been lucky. At least you got it fixed. I also have a $300 dollar savage mod 10 heavy barrel 223 that is my trainer. Wouldn't take anything for it. Seen good and bad in every maker. At least they are trying to make it right when they get a bad one back

Because most guys getting into shooting lr are stepping above that price point to say they spent more money. 99.9% of the guys who shoot the others are not on this forum. The ones that are very rarely shoot anything still factory 100%. Not knocking your experience. But I think a lot of shooters are getting pushed the wrong way on Christensen.
I couldn't get it to shoot better than about 1 1/4 inches at a 100 yards. Bench , bipod or bags. With many different premium factory loads. I never got to shooting it at distance.
Don't get me wrong. I think the ridgeline has nice lines and a good idea. But if they do not get their quality control under control I am afraid they will not last.
And I truly am sorry to say that.
I prefer a quality American made rifle.

I'm not sure QC can be blamed if you didn't check the torque on the fasteners when the rifle arrived. This is a production piece. When my MPR arrived the very first thing I did was check ALL the fasteners. Low and behold the front action screw was out of spec by 10 in-lbs.
I suffer pressure issues which I would chalk up to running reamers too long, but the thing shoots really well. I'm talking mucho sub MOA. Fortunately I got a screaming deal and the next barrel is free so to speak. I had planned on going remage anyway and with the chassis it is a walk in the park. Good luck to you.

I'm not sure QC can be blamed if you didn't check the torque on the fasteners when the rifle arrived. This is a production piece. When my MPR arrived the very first thing I did was check ALL the fasteners. Low and behold the front action screw was out of spec by 10 in-lbs.
I suffer pressure issues which I would chalk up to running reamers too long, but the thing shoots really well. I'm talking mucho sub MOA. Fortunately I got a screaming deal and the next barrel is free so to speak. I had planned on going remage anyway and with the chassis it is a walk in the park. Good luck to you.
So qc can't be blamed for action screws not being torqued to begin with ?
I don't hear about other manufacturers sending stuff out not torqued correctly

Perhaps they can be. I'll give you that. I just find myself checking everything I purchase specifically because it happens a lot. It doesn't make me happy but it spares me a bunch of frustration.

Perhaps they can be. I'll give you that. I just find myself checking everything I purchase specifically because it happens a lot. It doesn't make me happy but it spares me a bunch of frustration.
For me, typically, the first thing I do with a new gun is take it apart. So I agree with some of that. Either way, most people shouldn't have to take a gun apart, or torque fasteners.

I have bought 3 had all 3 rebarreled. CA is a waste of money, I will never recommend one. A $2000 rifle shouldn't have this many problems, every issue I have heard of is their barrel and chambering. The need a better wrapping process or a better steel blank
Why would you buy 3 then?? If replaced with carbon fiber that's a min of 3K extra if you used proof plus the bill from your smith.

Sounds like you got too excited that month. Ever been to a Carnival? "Step right up, young man! You look like a sharp shooter. Wait till you try these Christensens! You'll be the best shooter in the 4 States area!"
well they are one of a very few gun makers that chamber a 6.5x284 norma. The 300 prc was a replacement for my 300 win and the lapua was a donor for a 300 norma. All them them had pressure issues. The 6.5 284 wouldn't shoot over 2800 fps, the prc wouldn't shoot factory ammo because of pressure and the lapua had the same issues as the Norma. Must have been a bad batch of barrels.

One of my biggest issues with them is that they will void the warranty if you shoot handloads. If you stand by a product it should be warrantied no matter what.