Christensen arms ridgeline or mesa

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all I've been looking really hard at a new rifle and I've came down to either a christensen arms ridgeline or mesa I just keep wondering is the extra money spent on the carbon fiber barrel really worth it? I've never had or even shot a rifle with cabom fiber barrel and I've hear good and bad about them over the years.are christensen arms carbon fiber barrels good barrels and does the barrel being carbon fiber bring down The barrel life and accuracy? This will be a hunting/shooting rifle and something that I will be able to pass down to one of my boys one day.ive been wanting a christensen arms rifle for a long time but something always came up. I've shot a few different ones and all in different calibers and all the ones I've shot shoot real well and I'd really like to buy one when funds be come available.i really like the stock design on the christensen arms mesa long range but don't like the extra weight thats why I've been looking at the ridgeline model and later on I can swap on the stock if I want to and not have to worry about weight.any insite will be appreciated thanks

I have 2 christensen's. I don't have the specific models you are looking at, but both if mine have carbon fiber barrels. I just think they look cool. Both of mine shoot lights out. Carbon fiber doesn't effect accuracy or barrel life. There are arguments that the carbon fiber helps cool the barrel quicker. I have the BA Tactical which has the cool long range stock with a drop mag. I absolutely love the rifle and it is my go to long range big game gun.

Okay thank you.i havnt checked that model out as the mesa and mesa long range are the only models I've shot and the ridgeline I've be able to check out couple different times

I have a carbon solely because I want one. If it floats your boat go for it, if you are weighing dollars to performance skip it imo. I've had two and they seem a bit finicky but do shoot well once I figure out the load. Just my experience.

There is one or both on forums now and the one .The seller posted target and was good group with factory I recall.Was a spare for him.Classifieds here

I've seen plenty of guys have great success with CA. However, I went and played with the Ridgeline and the stock was trash for 2k. So I went seekins havak. Should your mind wander from your current decision, I'd look there.

Own both, mesa in CM 6.5 Ridge line in 7-08 both shoot great. But I'm really starting to love the Ridgeline. Made 373 yard shot on adult doe last evening at last light. 120 Hammer Hunter. She just collapsed, great muzzle break, I watched her go down. Also a testament to the VX5HD with the fire dot reticle. Great combo. I had read the negative reviews about CA, also read negative reviews about the other rifles I was looking at. You can get lemons from any gun maker.

Stay away from Christensen, they are terrible. I have a mesa, ridgeline, and a traverse. I have rebarreled all three due to bad barrels. Just complete junk
Yeah, I agree…they suck!! This is with factory ammo😳
A12579E0-CEEB-49CD-9E1F-A8D25396677D.jpeg