Christensen Arms Ridgeline or ELR?

Ridgeline or ELR?

• ELR

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Ridgeline

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Fast88

So I am going to take the plunge into a Christensen arms rifle and I don't want this to be a discussion of why I should buy a proof or another brand of rifle.

What I do want to know is do you think the ELR is worth 470$ more than the ridgeline. The Elr has a more ergonomic stock but weight is about 1.6 lbs more than the ridgeline. Both come with a 1moa or better guarantee. I have never handled the Elr but the Ridgeline felt very good and well balanced.

I hunt Elk and Mule deer almost exclusively in the West Texas Desert. My shots range from 100-900 yards with some quick shots needed when Stalking. I stalk and hunt feeders on the side of a mountain probably 50/50.

What do you think?

If the Ridgeline feels good and balanced to you, is 1.6 lb lighter, and will be used for stalking 50% of the time. I would get the Ridgeline.

IMO vertical grips on a stock like on the ELR are nice for long range shooting, but not necessary, especially if your not shooting several rounds, and they absolutely suck on a rifle used for stalking.

I have a Ridgeline and really enjoy it. Mine is a .300 win mag. Mine does have a different stock on it (McMillan).

What caliber are you looking at?

I recently purchased a Chirstensen Arms rifle in 338 Lapua in the Classic model. Weight was a big factor for me and saving the 1.5 lbs over the ELR made me choose the Classic. I love the rifle. I put a heavy NF ATACR scope on it, and it just balances it out perfectly. The older I get, the less I enjoy lugging around a heavy rifle. Fully loaded with ammo, sling and bipod, I'm a little over 10 lbs.
You can always purchase another stock (ELR, etc) down the road and change it out if you want. Stick with the Ridgeline, I think you'll be very happy with it

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.