Christensen Arms ELR, Traverse or Ridgeline?

Drjones65

I have a little jingle in my pocket and I am looking to purchase a new long range rifle. It will be used probably 75% for hunting and 25% for target shooting.
I have been looking fairly seriously into a Christensen Arms 300 WM bolt action.
One option is the ELR with the adjustable cheekpiece. Next option is the Traverse with the Monte Carlo high cheek piece rifle. The last option is the ridgeline. With the Ridgeline you don't get any kind of rise in the cheek piece.
Is the rise in the cheek piece worth having? Critical? Needed? I have never had a high cheek piece on any rifle and never shot with one.
On a 300 WM rifle what would be the best weight?
I know there are A LOT of opinions out there... anyone with first hand knowledge with solid recommendations? Pro's? Cons? Move on and choose another brand? TIA!

Buy a ridgeline and put it in an aftermarket stock. Sell the oem stock, you'll be at costs of an elr. The christen stocks suck on everything but their 4k dollar guns.

I've been happy w my Ridgeline 6.5. Taken it to 600yds. 7lbs 15oz scoped. Very accurate and handles well.

I bought a Ridgeline in 300wm. Shot lights out. Just couldn't get used to the 26" tube. Sold it to my hunting buddy with longer arms and he is in LOVE with it. I bought a mesa with 24" WM same great shooter just more traditional barrel and feels a little heavier. Now have a .300WSM Ridgeline and am finally happy (for now) I am getting an aftermarket stock at 13" LOP. Hope it is everything I am hoping. Otherwise I should have hacked off the ridgeline stock and reground the pad. I hope to post original for sale here in 6 months. The stocks don't suck just can be improved on in this golden age of super stock options.

I have a Traverse in .280AI. I love the stock. Fits me perfect and shoots small groups all day long. It feels very much like a Weatherby Mark V stock to me which is why I probably like it considering I shot a Weatherby for 35 years before putting her to bed... JMTC...

who makes a nice aftermarket stock for a mesa
A mesa? Well anything that fits rem700 with sporter inlet. The stockys vg2 carbon is good for the money, I'm also an advocate of the Mesa Precision altitude stock. It will save roughly 8-10oz over the CA stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.