Christensen arms ridgeline or mesa

Hello all I've been looking really hard at a new rifle and I've came down to either a christensen arms ridgeline or mesa I just keep wondering is the extra money spent on the carbon fiber barrel really worth it? I've never had or even shot a rifle with cabom fiber barrel and I've hear good and bad about them over the years.are christensen arms carbon fiber barrels good barrels and does the barrel being carbon fiber bring down The barrel life and accuracy? This will be a hunting/shooting rifle and something that I will be able to pass down to one of my boys one day.ive been wanting a christensen arms rifle for a long time but something always came up. I've shot a few different ones and all in different calibers and all the ones I've shot shoot real well and I'd really like to buy one when funds be come available.i really like the stock design on the christensen arms mesa long range but don't like the extra weight thats why I've been looking at the ridgeline model and later on I can swap on the stock if I want to and not have to worry about weight.any insite will be appreciated thanks
Some have great luck. spent a year trying to get a load? A nightmare. Finally just got rid of it.

I have 4 CA rifles and all have carbon fiber barrels and all shoot fantastic. Three of them I have only had for about the last three years but one I have been shooting for the last fifteeen or so years. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in a rifle. I think both are great choices but you should go an hold both and take the one that feels best in your hands. Everybody has had their ups and downs with manufacturer's rifles and of course everyone has an opinion. Pick the one you like and spend the money needed to get it. You'll be happy you did. Good Luck

Dittto previous by Puddle. I did the 60 round break-in as recomended by CA, and was astonished at how it started shooting one holers between 50-65 rounds. I absolutely love my Ridgeline for several reasons, but one of them is how it is based on Remington actions, something I had been shooting for a long time and enjoyed immensely.

I have only ever handled one Christensen Arms rifle. That was this past August when I used my guide's Ridgeline on an antelope at 550 yards. He had Sig Sauer ammo and a Vortex scope, and the rifle performed very well. I liked the stock (original, not after market) and the rifle enough to consider getting one of my own. That was in 7 mm Rem Mag.

I didn't think the action was very smooth, but aside from that, I was very impressed with the rifle.

I bought my Ridgeline after seeing so many CAs shoot well and I got it at a good price. Immediately I thought the stock was junk. I've seen gummy worms with more backbone and the recoil lug bedding was comical at best. So like Dmagna, on went a McMillan Game Hunter. I thought that would help with my fliers. Well, it didn't. After a more thorough investigation, I find terrible voids and inclusions in the chamber, throat and barrel. Also, the headspace is way out of whack. Contact CA and because I changed the stock and shot handloads, the warranty is void. Note to self, when calling about a warranty issue, don't be honest with them. Again, like Dmagna, I'm having it rebarreled. Funny thing is, 2 gunsmiths in my areas won't touch a CA because they say they have issues.
My point is that there are lemons everywhere. Not saying all CAs are junk but several are. People bash Remington quality all of the time and then defend CA and Fierce. They are all assembly line rifles.

I bought my Ridgeline after seeing so many CAs shoot well and I got it at a good price. Immediately I thought the stock was junk. I've seen gummy worms with more backbone and the recoil lug bedding was comical at best. So like Dmagna, on went a McMillan Game Hunter. I thought that would help with my fliers. Well, it didn't. After a more thorough investigation, I find terrible voids and inclusions in the chamber, throat and barrel. Also, the headspace is way out of whack. Contact CA and because I changed the stock and shot handloads, the warranty is void. Note to self, when calling about a warranty issue, don't be honest with them. Again, like Dmagna, I'm having it rebarreled. Funny thing is, 2 gunsmiths in my areas won't touch a CA because they say they have issues.
My point is that there are lemons everywhere. Not saying all CAs are junk but several are. People bash Remington quality all of the time and then defend CA and Fierce. They are all assembly line rifles.
Be careful people going to defend their gun safes, a smith explained to me that their process of wrapping their barrels leaves gaps and inconsistencies along the barrel. So when the barrel warms after 1 or 2 shots it changes POI. So I wasn't going to have a rifle I didn't trust.

Be careful people going to defend their gun safes, a smith explained to me that their process of wrapping their barrels leaves gaps and inconsistencies along the barrel. So when the barrel warms after 1 or 2 shots it changes POI. So I wasn't going to have a rifle I didn't trust.
One smith's opinion means about as much to me as Biden's opinion on anything. I think yours saw dollar signs in his eyes when he met you. It was my understanding that they had QC issues several years ago when they were outsourcing their barrel manufacturing. 5 or 6 years ago they brought their barrel manufacturing in house and it has been much much better.

Gotta remember. We generally don't hear from the customers who are satisfied with a product, mostly only the ones who are not. Guys who are average shots sometimes think that spending a couple thousand bucks on a rifle will clean up a bunch of their personal problems. Ain't likely to happen, and I haven't even touched on the myraid of variables that go into the assembly of a rifle. Not long ago I asked a guy who is an employee of a company who makes LR rifles whaich cartridge they chamber for causes the least problems for customers with regard to accuracy, etc. Without any hesitation he said the 6.5 PRC. FWIW.

One smith's opinion means about as much to me as Biden's opinion on anything. I think yours saw dollar signs in his eyes when he met you. It was my understanding that they had QC issues several years ago when they were outsourcing their barrel manufacturing. 5 or 6 years ago they brought their barrel manufacturing in house and it has been much much better.
Guns don't shoot, learn a thing or two. Sorry you are bent out of shape about peoples opinion about a product. Sounds like you are nutt hugging Christensen, barrel and chamber issues are pretty easy to find.

I tend to agree with this. I think most people, not all people, have a hard time shooting magnum rifles, braked or unbraked.