christensen arms ridgeline, I need help.

Sounds like CA made good on it.
Today was the first day of really s
If I had to guess I would say the ammo is the culprit. Other than that maybe a bad scope Mount or maybe the scope itself. I am more than confident Christensen will work with you. I would start with a different load in your ammo. My Christensen 6.5 PRC sub moa at 100 yrds. If I purchase another rifle it would be a Christensen Arms or a BERGERA in 300 WM . Or 300 PRC personally I like the ammo selection of the 300 WM Call Christensen. They will help!
they put a new barrel on.
It's totally different now.

I have a ridgeline in 300wm, I can not for the life of me get it to group consistently better than 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot it off a bench with bipods, sandbags, and a rest, . Prone off of bipods.
I am about ready to throw in the towel and send it back, My fear is they will just bounce it back and say no its normal.
I shoot other rifles and they all can hold better than one inch at 100 yards. So I am pretty confident I should be able to shoot this rifle under an inch off the bench at 100yards.
Any one have any experience with Christensen arms warranty?
Not trying to bash any manufacturer. I was just curious how they handle things like this
I seen a guy with a brand new 300 wm CA not be able to get better then like 2 to 2.5 inch groups. For a month he messed with it. Only using eldx, 208 or 190 gr I believe. Anyway he was about to send it back, I said you should shoot it with a known good scope before you do. So he took off his brand new Gen 2 Razor put on his buddy's old Leupold. Bam, shot two .75 moa groups. I am not bashing Vortex, I like their stuff. But it was a bad new scope. It happens.

$2,000 and months of aggravation for a "fixed" rifle that now shoots almost as good as some new rifles that cost a $1000 less. I'm not going to pretend that's good. I'm not going to blame the scope.

Lots of good advice in this thread about cleaning and prepping a new rifle before you mount the scope (clean threads and some reliable thread lock). Bottom line is that you can buy a new rifle that reliably shoots better than Christensen. Some about the same price, some less expensive.

I have been working on dialing in my buddies CA Ridgeline 300wm. We did the barrel break in as suggested by them, shot an array of factory ammo and loaded up some fresh rounds out of my recipe book. Still can't get it to shoot better than a 1.25" 5shot @ 100. They're pretty. But my confidence in them is lacking. Hoping he doesn't have to send his back either.

a buddy bought a CA 300WM, some model of a mountain rifle with a pencil barrel. 2 rounds you had to cool it for 15 minutes, nothing he ran through it printed better than 1.5-2". Heat was a major problem for that barrel. He sold it and bought a CA 300WM Mesa LR with the heavy barrel. This one shoots well and the heavier barrel will run 5-6 rounds without too much heat. Then cools normally.

I have been working on dialing in my buddies CA Ridgeline 300wm. We did the barrel break in as suggested by them, shot an array of factory ammo and loaded up some fresh rounds out of my recipe book. Still can't get it to shoot better than a 1.25" 5shot @ 100. They're pretty. But my confidence in them is lacking. Hoping he doesn't have to send his back either.
That's sounds just like what mine was doing.
I wish I sent mine back months before I did.
Send it back. They where very helpful and turn around was quick.
I will say the factory Berger 180 and federal terminal ascent 200 grain didn't shoot moa. With the new barrel. But it absolutely loves Barnes.

That's sounds just like what mine was doing.
I wish I sent mine back months before I did.
Send it back. They where very helpful and turn around was quick.
I will say the factory Berger 180 and federal terminal ascent 200 grain didn't shoot moa. With the new barrel. But it absolutely loves Barnes.
Thank you sir! I will pass along this information to him!

Last edited:
$2,000 and months of aggravation for a "fixed" rifle that now shoots almost as good as some new rifles that cost a $1000 less. I'm not going to pretend that's good. I'm not going to blame the scope.

Lots of good advice in this thread about cleaning and prepping a new rifle before you mount the scope (clean threads and some reliable thread lock). Bottom line is that you can buy a new rifle that reliably shoots better than Christensen. Some about the same price, some less expensive.
Hard to argue against this when Sauer 100's Mauser M18's, Tikka T3x's and Remington 700's exist….especially since the last two have such a robust aftermarket.

a buddy bought a CA 300WM, some model of a mountain rifle with a pencil barrel. 2 rounds you had to cool it for 15 minutes, nothing he ran through it printed better than 1.5-2". Heat was a major problem for that barrel. He sold it and bought a CA 300WM Mesa LR with the heavy barrel. This one shoots well and the heavier barrel will run 5-6 rounds without too much heat. Then cools normally.
LOL why fool around with a C A rifle. They cost almost as much as a good custom. I have pencil barrels that shoot dots even very hot. All depends on who built your rifle, dies and if you prepped the brass correctly including turning the necks for example.

Hard to argue against this when Sauer 100's Mauser M18's, Tikka T3x's and Remington 700's exist….especially since the last two have such a robust aftermarket.
With respect …..I've never seen any voiced complaints regarding a Winchester Model 70. For what's given for a CA or Berg I believe a man could obtain a used mod 70 get it rebarrelled to any caliber he wanted and have an accurate rifle that would put the trophy on the wall or meat in the freezers.
Just sayin…….

I just don't get how y'all are getting this many bad Christensens…shot 10 that were all under 1", and 5 of those under a half with factory ammo…I spotted for my buddy while one was shot this weekend. Elr 6.5 with a factory ammo. Shooting 600 in less than 20 shots. I'm honestly starting to think more user error and people not knowing what they are actually doing. Are there bad ones? Of course. they are producing essentially semi custom rem 700, upgraded trigger, carbon barrel and semi carbon stock at mass and then people complain if they don't shoot with a full custom action, barrel, reamer, handloads, manners stock, and a 3K scope… you are not comparing apples to apples. I've seen ruger Americans shoot 1/4" groups over 500 rounds. Also seen some of the finest customs have issue. Stop beating this horse, y'all have already killed it.

I just don't get how y'all are getting this many bad Christensens…shot 10 that were all under 1", and 5 of those under a half with factory ammo…I spotted for my buddy while one was shot this weekend. Elr 6.5 with a factory ammo. Shooting 600 in less than 20 shots. I'm honestly starting to think more user error and people not knowing what they are actually doing. Are there bad ones? Of course. they are producing essentially semi custom rem 700, upgraded trigger, carbon barrel and semi carbon stock at mass and then people complain if they don't shoot with a full custom action, barrel, reamer, handloads, manners stock, and a 3K scope… you are not comparing apples to apples. I've seen ruger Americans shoot 1/4" groups over 500 rounds. Also seen some of the finest customs have issue. Stop beating this horse, y'all have already killed it.
I can't speak for the 10 you shot.
I am concerned with the one I own.
I spent a lot of time and money trying to get it to shoot.
Apparently Christensen arms agreed and put a new barrel on it.
Yes it shoots really well so far with the new barrel.
Will I buy another Christensen,,, maybe But I would be awfully reluctant.
A lot of defenders of Ca like to harp on user error. If that's the case, where are the tikka , savage , ruger etc complaints?