Christensen arms ridgeline rifles how accurate?

elkhntr

Has anyone have any experience with the Christensen arms Ridgeline rifle in 300 win mag? Will they shoot sub moa? I'm really considering purchasing one. Another concern I have is can you seat your bullets out to take full advantage of the magazine box length, or are you stuck with factory standard length. I want to be able to seat my Berger 215s out box length

I love mine. Just finished load development @85 yards.
F2A8672D-F692-4B71-9120-3B8C71EF8080.jpeg

Last edited:
3/4 MOA and less is not particularly unusual. Broz over at Long range only really likes them. In any production rifle you could find issues. CA seems to do a pretty good job. By the way H-1000 and 215 Bergers are usually a great combo in this rifle.
Bruce

look it over before you buy, relieve the stock because barrel will be making contact (check after a few shots), clean per their instruction, i have 3, mesa lr, ridgeline, ba tactical, all sub .75, ba is .5 or less, 2 tightened up around 40 rounds, one took 20 more. Plenty of people have had issues that i don't doubt, i however have been very happy with the rifles i purchased.

Mine in 6.5 prc has been a tack driver. With factory ammo nonetheless. My hand loads shoot just as accurate but …why bother?! 3 shots. It does this all the time. Always under .5 moa and sometimes even better. Two other friends of mine have multiple CA and they drive tacks as well but with fine tuned loads. Best factory custom for the money imho. Standard ridge line stock is indeed a floppy forend, I can attest. But it still shoots for me. Worth noting the fft is prob worth the upgrade.

Attachments

• 92077D00-F0A7-4832-B566-E942EDFB2CAA.jpeg
    92077D00-F0A7-4832-B566-E942EDFB2CAA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
3/4 MOA and less is not particularly unusual. Broz over at Long range only really likes them. In any production rifle you could find issues. CA seems to do a pretty good job. By the way H-1000 and 215 Bergers are usually a great combo in this rifle.
Bruce
That's because they are a major sponsor of his forum. CA has major quality control issues and accuracy problems. I'd stay away, but sometimes you get a great one and it's a shooter. Not guaranteed that that will be the case, that's the issue

I have two ridgelines a 6.5 Creedmoor and 308- both 1/3 guns. I have the same calibers in their ar-10's, both .5" guns.

I had a 300 WSM in a ridge line- 1.5" at best and I sent it down the road. I had a Summit TI in 300 win mag and it was a 2" gun. I sent it back to them and they said it was fine. I messed with it for a while more and then sent it down the road. I don't believe they can make a mag caliber that is accurate.