Christensen arms ridgeline rifles how accurate?

I just looked at the prices for Christensen Arms rifles. "Affordable and reliable..." they say.
Seems a lot of people who have more money than they know what to do with can "afford" them. But it pains me to see folks who have families and many other expenses pay much more than they have to get less than they paid for.

Why are people paying $1600-$2000+ for a rifle that has so many well known problems (some of which are never resolved) and may not even chamber factory ammo? On top of this, customers are happy if they can get them to shoot even after a whole year of trying different loads. And then they settle for half to 3/4 MOA when they could have had less than half MOA for a thousand dollars less money if they had only bought a different rifle.

Paying more for a rifle that doesn't shoot as well and may even have basic operating problems does not seem like a good use of hard earned money to me. Especially if you have a family to support. If I were going to spend near $2000 on anything, I would want to read a few reviews first.

I read a whole lot of reviews before I bought my first Sauer. But some still believe that you can somehow skip the practice developing marksmanship and just buy your way to accuracy. You can't.

any mass produced rifle can have defect, if true accuracy is your goal just invest in a custom from a smith that will back up his work. buy once cry once
Show me the defect in a Sauer rifle and then we can talk about quality control. I can show you endless threads on CA Arms QC. So before you lump all makers into the same category, maybe do some research first, and find that some really are better than others.

looks like a recall right there on there site

Attachments

• 01E7F26D-385E-4629-BF12-BF65FEE91794.png
    01E7F26D-385E-4629-BF12-BF65FEE91794.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 82
Show me the defect in a Sauer rifle and then we can talk about quality control. I can show you endless threads on CA Arms QC. So before you lump all makers into the same category, maybe do some research first, and find that some really are better than others.

Sauer probably sells about 5% of what Christensen sells per year. Christensen sells THOUSANDS of rifles a year and has for 2+ decades! So a couple dozen "bad" anonymous internet reviews is hardly cause for alarm.

We had a 6.5 PRC in the Summit Ti that slam fired. Sent it back through a smith that had personal connections and they replaced the action and barrel free of charge. We were happy. If anyone is in a similar position, PM me and I can steer you in the right direction. We've had 3 CA's over the years and all shot very good, but they do pressure up a little quicker I think than some actions.

I have a Ridgeline in a 6.5 creedmoor. I have seen excellent accuracy from my rifle. Hand loads are consistently 1/4".

I have read a lot of varying experiences and opinions, so I may be a statistical outlier. I personally have been happy with mine though.

50/50 chance of a good one of the 4 I tried 2 were good the other 2 were terrible on accuracy,had one showing ejector marks (circles) from factory ammo tried several brands ammo called Christensen and they told me it was normal to see heavy ejector marks on my brass due to their tight tollarance, I said BULL and sold the rifle and you couldn't keep a 3" group at 100yds with it so no more Christensen Arms for me