christensen arms ridgeline, I need help.

well they are one of a very few gun makers that chamber a 6.5x284 norma. The 300 prc was a replacement for my 300 win and the lapua was a donor for a 300 norma. All them them had pressure issues. The 6.5 284 wouldn't shoot over 2800 fps, the prc wouldn't shoot factory ammo because of pressure and the lapua had the same issues as the Norma. Must have been a bad batch of barrels.

One of my biggest issues with them is that they will void the warranty if you shoot handloads. If you stand by a product it should be warrantied no matter what.
Does everyone not void their warranty except for customs?
The 338 was just bought for a donor?
Sounds like awful luck

"PRC wouldn't shoot factory ammo because of pressure!"
????..????
Should have never left the factory. Not professional QC or testing.
Same with my buddy's Mesa in 28 Nosler, I mean it would shoot it but there were some pretty shiny ejector marks on the brass.

Interesting thread... My Smith has built quite a few rifles for me both sporters and competition rifles and he never test fires a rifle! That is how good his processes are. BTW in this video read the fireforming method #1... Have done literally thousands this way.

Interesting thread... My Smith has built quite a few rifles for me both sporters and competition rifles and he never test fires a rifle! That is how good his processes are. BTW in this video read the fireforming method #1... Have done literally thousands this way.

Do you do it with large capacity cases? Still full to the neck with pistol powder?

Do you do it with large capacity cases? Still full to the neck with pistol powder?
Very good question!! For my cases and I am not a short-range BR guy like Speedy (he is into the 1 to 2 mile stuff now as well) I am a 1k BR and longer guy. On the ones I have done for my bigger cases only go 3/4 with Bullseye and use part of a cotton ball in the neck. Hold straight up in the air and fire. On a couple of guns have a fireform barrel (made from scrap tubes not even rifled) but the only issue to deal with is HEAT!

I use compressed air cans turned upside down and the liquid cools the tube very well. Just got this to use and have not tried it out yet. Have high hopes because the 375 EnABELR heats up like a gas burner was heating it!

Very good question!! For my cases and I am not a short-range BR guy like Speedy (he is into the 1 to 2 mile stuff now as well) I am a 1k BR and longer guy. On the ones I have done for my bigger cases only go 3/4 with Bullseye and use part of a cotton ball in the neck. Hold straight up in the air and fire. On a couple of guns have a fireform barrel (made from scrap tubes not even rifled) but the only issue to deal with is HEAT!

I use compressed air cans turned upside down and the liquid cools the tube very well. Just got this to use and have not tried it out yet. Have high hopes because the 375 EnABELR heats up like a gas burner was heating it!

Ok. I think we did this for a while years ago. 338 Lap imp. My memory is we were a little harder on the brass than we wanted and then since have been using COW. It is messy though. We are now making a shotgun plug with the chamber reamer in a break open 12g. No worries about heat just have to make sure no COW is in the chamber.