New info on Chronic Wasting Disease

That tin foil propaganda video sounds exactly what you're against? Repetitive indoctrination comments with Cult like music to give a real Punch to the topic. Now that's science right there folks!
It's pretty simple, if CWD crosses to humanoids, our species is doomed because we can't pull together for the good fight. Whatever that might be.
So you didn't watch the whole thing because you were triggered by it.

I have helped a local butcher for years. During deer season the fish & game would bring barrels & drop off. We would put the heads in the barrels. Not separated by anything. All dropped in together. Want to guess how we got the heads off ? They sat there for a week sometimes longer before pickup. Funny thing is we never heard of one deer testing positive. Even though we were in a hot spot at the time for CWD. We had deer from different districts also. There was also a guy to go along & pickup the road kills. Or at least cut their heads off to be tested. He used a chainsaw. We were never informed to use different tools for processing deer from the livestock. They all hung in the same cooler. I would bet most deer were already processed before they got tested. If they got tested. We have been eating the hearts pickled for years. Because no one usually wants them. lol I think when you're skinning a deer. You should be able to tell if its worth keeping. As long as you are looking to see if anything that looks abnormal.

Hi all,
I always liked this forum because I found a relatively high level of knowledge, expertise, and experience for the topics related to shooting (mostly) and hunting (to a certain degree). Of course, I found here and there some opinions that made me scratch my head, but that's ok, this is how one tests their ideas - exposing them to scrutiny and discussion - that's how the best of them are getting to life. Most of the above were related to sound science, common sense, basically talking about stuff for which members have a fairly good understanding. You can even admit :) that such opinions were based at least in part on good science (e.g. physics is heavily involved in ballistics).
But what can of worms this particalar post opened, made my jaw drop! I did not expect this...
I believe science is feared by some people nowadays is because of the interest groups (politicians, activists, big corporations, professional associations, labor groups, etc.) who twisted the scientific information to their own advantage, suppressed some information that did not fit their narrative, end so on.
But what is this science all about? I am talking as a person who worked for quite a while as a wildlife biologist, studying large carnivores. A good scientist cannot be biased, he/she has to analyze facts as they are, and try to draw the correct conclusions, and if it makes sense, come up with hypotheses. These hypotheses are reviewed, debated, in ordered to be considered valid theories. In many cases, what was once considered valid was later refuted! Politicians make it look that the "science" is some kind of a dogma, but let me tell you, real scientists more often disagree with each other than agree, at least at first view of a new idea. Even later, there is always a minority who disagree with certain conclusions. That is how real science works!
Please resist the temptation to jump from an extreme to the other, rejecting the science out of fear! Much of what surrounds us, apart from God's creation, has started with a scientific advance that allowed for some technological breakthrough - look no further than your car, your rifle, your smartphone, your binoculars, the medical sciences used by doctors that help us (hopefully) get better, etc.
Search for answers to your questions in multiple places, hear all the parties (not just the homogenous groups that the algorithms pushed you into, without you even realising!), and then use your own critical thinking.
The article mentioned never said that there was a clear conclusion that the CDW was the cause of those who died.
CWD (in deer family species), mad cow disease (in bovines), scrapie (sheep and goats), and the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD, in humans) are, unfortunately, VERY real! What they all have in common is a strange biochemical structure/entity, called a "prion". Think of it as a deffective protein molecule, which interacts with specific proteins present mostly in the brain and the rest of the nervous system, infects them in in a kind of chain reaction, to a quick degradations of this system, leading invariably to the death of that individual. The disease is transmissible to the respective species, and even worse, these prions are extremely hard to destroy! Acids, iradiation, normal burning (or cooking) does NOT destroy them. They are still infectious even 2+ years after the corpse is buried! Incineration at above 1000F for several hours is the minimum to safely destroy them.
Insofar, there was no clearly documented case of a human who got infected from eating meat from an infected animal, but precautions can go a long way. If you see a deer, elk, caribou, or moose behaving strange, weak, shivering, don't even shoot it! Instead, inform the parc rangers, conservation officers, etc.

It's not about roasting Bambi over an open fire. It's about a disease that has crossed over to Baboons in laboratory tests. And if it happens to humans tap water, wheat, corn, chicken, milk, cheese, pork, milk and beef could hold the proteins to transmit it if it comes from an area that is known for CWD.

I am going to die some day but I am not going to concern myself with what the news says.
Those freaking idiots can't even put gas in their own vehicle.
Humans have been here for a long time, if I eat something that takes me out, at least I died with a full belly 🤷🏼‍♂️
Hey, that's exactly what the bat eating Chinese folks said!

Hi all,
I always liked this forum because I found a relatively high level of knowledge, expertise, and experience for the topics related to shooting (mostly) and hunting (to a certain degree). Of course, I found here and there some opinions that made me scratch my head, but that's ok, this is how one tests their ideas - exposing them to scrutiny and discussion - that's how the best of them are getting to life. Most of the above were related to sound science, common sense, basically talking about stuff for which members have a fairly good understanding. You can even admit :) that such opinions were based at least in part on good science (e.g. physics is heavily involved in ballistics).
But what can of worms this particalar post opened, made my jaw drop! I did not expect this...
I believe science is feared by some people nowadays is because of the interest groups (politicians, activists, big corporations, professional associations, labor groups, etc.) who twisted the scientific information to their own advantage, suppressed some information that did not fit their narrative, end so on.
But what is this science all about? I am talking as a person who worked for quite a while as a wildlife biologist, studying large carnivores. A good scientist cannot be biased, he/she has to analyze facts as they are, and try to draw the correct conclusions, and if it makes sense, come up with hypotheses. These hypotheses are reviewed, debated, in ordered to be considered valid theories. In many cases, what was once considered valid was later refuted! Politicians make it look that the "science" is some kind of a dogma, but let me tell you, real scientists more often disagree with each other than agree, at least at first view of a new idea. Even later, there is always a minority who disagree with certain conclusions. That is how real science works!
Please resist the temptation to jump from an extreme to the other, rejecting the science out of fear! Much of what surrounds us, apart from God's creation, has started with a scientific advance that allowed for some technological breakthrough - look no further than your car, your rifle, your smartphone, your binoculars, the medical sciences used by doctors that help us (hopefully) get better, etc.
Search for answers to your questions in multiple places, hear all the parties (not just the homogenous groups that the algorithms pushed you into, without you even realising!), and then use your own critical thinking.
The article mentioned never said that there was a clear conclusion that the CDW was the cause of those who died.
CWD (in deer family species), mad cow disease (in bovines), scrapie (sheep and goats), and the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD, in humans) are, unfortunately, VERY real! What they all have in common is a strange biochemical structure/entity, called a "prion". Think of it as a deffective protein molecule, which interacts with specific proteins present mostly in the brain and the rest of the nervous system, infects them in in a kind of chain reaction, to a quick degradations of this system, leading invariably to the death of that individual. The disease is transmissible to the respective species, and even worse, these prions are extremely hard to destroy! Acids, iradiation, normal burning (or cooking) does NOT destroy them. They are still infectious even 2+ years after the corpse is buried! Incineration at above 1000F for several hours is the minimum to safely destroy them.
Insofar, there was no clearly documented case of a human who got infected from eating meat from an infected animal, but precautions can go a long way. If you see a deer, elk, caribou, or moose behaving strange, weak, shivering, don't even shoot it! Instead, inform the parc rangers, conservation officers, etc.
Our game and dish has been one of the most trustworthy government agencies I have ever been exposed to. Lots of folks have done some fantastic things for hunters. That being said, then they have been bent to the will of special interests groups lately. Sad state of affairs. I'm afraid they are headed to the toilet like the rest of them. Its all about money. Its always all about money and power at the top.