6.5/.264 suppressor

If I were shopping for cans and have had no experience around them, I would ask a local dealer if you can demo some cans. That is the only way to really know what you want. Also, get it in .30 cal or you'll (probably) regret it

As for me I'm partial to my TBAC ultra 7. Doesnt alter my accuracy and plenty quiet for no earpro in the wild. Been around Banishes and the Q cans enough to know theyre excellent too. Sandmen are great but heavy for my use.

When I buy another it will be something of the 6-8" length with a larger OD for better suppression, and as light as possible. I will absolutely get one that shoulders onto a muzzlebrake again too, as I've seen cans walk off direct threads too much to want to mess with that.

9" anything are crazy quiet
7" are the sweet spot imo for suppression and length (actually 6" with a FAT OD would be perfect)
5" are too loud for me, and I won't likely ever own one.

If I were shopping for cans and have had no experience around them, I would ask a local dealer if you can demo some cans. That is the only way to really know what you want. Also, get it in .30 cal or you'll (probably) regret it

As for me I'm partial to my TBAC ultra 7. Doesnt alter my accuracy and plenty quiet for no earpro in the wild. Been around Banishes and the Q cans enough to know theyre excellent too. Sandmen are great but heavy for my use.

When I buy another it will be something of the 6-8" length with a larger OD for better suppression, and as light as possible. I will absolutely get one that shoulders onto a muzzlebrake again too, as I've seen cans walk off direct threads too much to want to mess with that.

9" anything are crazy quiet
7" are the sweet spot imo for suppression and length (actually 6" with a FAT OD would be perfect)
5" are too loud for me, and I won't likely ever own one.
Might check out the dominus. It's roughly 6" and fair bit fatter. Just played with mine a week or so back and it seems on par with the ultra 7 in a more compact and stouter design. The bonus is that I can swap cans without any shift in zero. I tried it on 3 rifles and each had exact same poi.

Something I dont see mentioned often is on a low power scope like a 2-7 or 3-9/10 with a large FoV and your scope mounted low, you will see your suppressor in the bottom of your scope.

I had a a typical savage 110 with a 3-15x42 scope mounted in low Talley rings and saw a large shadow from 3-4x and as soon as I went above 4 power it disappeared. This was with a 1.5" Diameter suppressor.

This problem gets worse it seems with larger OD suppressors and I think 20moa canted rails(not 100% sure on that one, but it does point the scope down and can get your scope objective closer to the barrel)

one thing I noticed over the years is everyone likes their can……

For you it'll be cost, weight, and a functionality decision. I have 2 cans and will get more at some point but I now I just move my cans from 1 rifle to another. I prefer the tbac ti cans because that is what I have. Most of my friends run omega's. They work too but they are super heavy in comparison and having a 1 lb plus can on the end of the barrel isn't my desire.
I wanna hear more about that TC setup, mainly what sort of accuracy you're getting

I wanna hear more about that TC setup, mainly what sort of accuracy you're getting
Ive shot it to 800/900 fairly often. It's capable of hitting a 10"'plate 800 fairly well and consistently. It was really my goal to be good to 500 but it's way more capable then that. I've had some solid .5 moa groups 5/600 and I feel like it's .75-1 moa beyond that. Now that I have a suppressor for it I plan to shoot it more. It's a bit aggressive with a brake, a lot of blast and noise

Here is right after I got and was up wolf hunting. Didn't have any real targets at camp. Ha ha In the afternoon I was testing some loads.
4BB7F44E-5E24-4408-8D6B-83CDD7919ED7.jpeg

As I sit here reading this thread, my constant ringing in my ears really is annoying. I was stubborn for years and listened to others more stubborn than me. Ultra 7 in jail now. You are making a good decision going with a suppressed rifle.
Same! For 2 solid years burning up 338 lapua ai barrels I lost significant hearing. What a joy to run the rifles suppressed - the worst part was rebuilding the rifle inventory with shorter barrels :)

The real joy is seeing a new shooter take a few shots with a suppressor to find just how much more enjoyable shooting can be. Especially the kiddos.

Let's hope this new E form process speeds things up!

Same! For 2 solid years burning up 338 lapua ai barrels I lost significant hearing. What a joy to run the rifles suppressed - the worst part was rebuilding the rifle inventory with shorter barrels :)

The real joy is seeing a new shooter take a few shots with a suppressor to find just how much more enjoyable shooting can be. Especially the kiddos.

Let's hope this new E form process speeds things up!
Maybe we can get some people with some sense running our Gov and do away with the stupid regs on suppressors. Cut the price in less than half and less people getting beat up by rifles physically and hearing. Europeans are required to suppress their rifles. The hearing protection act. I'll stop my rant there.

Yeah. It's a real bish to have reach up and check it once in a while..... And I just love cleaning carbon off of muzzle crowns and ports of brakemounts.....
Never an issue with tbac system. During routine cleaning the crown is cleaned and requires no real special process.Threads have not been an issue