Lightweight hunting suppressor

I have an old Specwar 556 that has probably close to 8K rounds through it. It's been hot enough to brand with many times. Never "cleaned" it. Far as I can tell it's still happy as can be.

My Ultra 7 has over 11k rounds on it now. My most used/passed around can. Followed by the Dominus which has probably 5-6k (this one I haven't kept track on). My Ultra 9 has over 4k.
I have cleaned all three of them 3 times now. They definitely all "self-clean" to an extent. The dirtier they get, the more they shed carbon.

Last edited:
Most quality center fire cans are not user serviceable (taken apart), they do not need to be. You will never wear it out or clog it up with normal use. For a rimfire can it is pretty standard for them to be user serviced. Rimfire ammo is dirty by nature and you want to be able to take it apart and clean it. All three of my rimfire can are like this. None of my centerfire rifle rated cans are. I shoot weekly with thousands of rounds through several of them with no issues.

GAP Jager has been great for me. It's thinner profile looks nice on #3 or thinner barrels in comparison to 1.7 wide cans. It fits your budget and size \ weight category. It's not the quietest suppressor but that's a small sacrifice for the size just as any suppressors are. I've got two and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one. I also run a KGM R30K, and several RexSilencium suppressor. All great choices.

I'm trying to decide between 3 different suppressors, see if I can get some input to make up my mind. I'm leaning toward the GA precision Jaeger can, but looking at the silencer co. harvester evo, and stingerworks Hunter. Think they are 7, 10, 9 oz cans. This will be used for only hunting and light shooting. Budget is under 800.
Its been over a year op. What did you decide on and has it been approved, in your hands yet? Only one i have on your list is the evo, think its a great choice for a budget can.

Oh Really? Two friends had to throw theirs away, AFTER returning them to the manufacturer who could not get them clean. The more plugged the can gets, the less effective they become! They shoot ground squirrels and P. dogs. Ultra sonic cleaner did not dislodge the carbon, even at the factory, neither did soaking in CLR.

Better look before you leap!

However, if you only shoot 20 rounds a year, going to take a while to plug up a can.
By the way One cant simply throw an NFA item away! SO there's that.