Lightweight hunting suppressor

Marksman, that company is out of business. I brought up this topic for reasons that I will not go into. Needless to say, I would spend 4x the price of a cheap can on one that can be taken apart.

Last edited:
New Can weight

Dirty can Weight

Can weight after sonic cleaner

Build-up over time is something you have to discover for yourself as there are MANY factors.

A guy that shoots 1000 rounds per day on Ground squirrels and p. dogs is going to have very different needs than a guy that hunts big game only.

I've found that heated ultra sonic tubs are worthless for cleaning my cans. I cycled one of them over and over again all day and never lost any measurable weight. And that one is 6oz over the original weight.

I've called a few of the major suppressor guys who sell sealed cans and they all claim you'll never need to clean one. The one I have now I've taken apart has so much carbon build up that there was big chunks blowing back into my action. I've soaked it in every concoction you could think of and that stuff don't come off. I have to physically scrape it off with a small screw driver. I have no idea how many rounds were down it but it's like that every time I clean it. There is close to a quarter inch of carbon on some of the first few baffles. Next time I clean it I'll post some pics.

Marksman, that company is out of business. I brought up this topic for reasons that I will not go into. Needless to say, I would spend 4x the price of a cheap can on one that can be taken apart.

We have all been naive to the sales pitches of companies and "popular" thinking of the time.
So????
You're not going to name the manufacturer?
Is it because this is a made up story?
And and the same time.
Wonder why this manufacturer is out of business????
Because it started out as cheap junk?
Inquiring minds want to know

I've cleaned my SAS ,22 cal Ti once and it took days to stop getting stuff out. Have owned the suppressor since 2010 and shoot many small center fire calibers through it on prairie dogs.
What I did was soaked it in CLR for days and also ran it in our ultra sonic heated cleaner at work. Cycle the ultra sonic off and on for a couple of days. Sure was getting black out of it, BUT I didn't really start to get chunks out until I started smacking the outside of the suppressor with a rubber mallet while holding it in my hand. That's when I finally really started getting chunks and chunks of carbon out. I wish I would've takin some pics. Some of the chunks were so large they almost didn't fit out of the 1/2"x28 opening.
I don't see how shooting more rounds through a suppressor is going to clean it.