Suppressor?

cgailey

I'm looking at making my first suppressor purchase. Does anyone shoot Weatherby stuff suppressed and if so, which one do you recommend? Thanks in advance!

I'm looking at making my first suppressor purchase. Does anyone shoot Weatherby stuff suppressed and if so, which one do you recommend? Thanks in advance!
I shoot mine on several different guns. None of them being Weatherby but I would recommend a silencerco omega 300.you can swap out the rear cap for threads of different size for different rifles or they're quick detach and brake that comes with it. Also you can use a flat front cap or their anchor brake look them up,full auto rated and serviceable. I'm very happy with mine.

I currently have 9 suppressors and one in jail, but only 3 of them are still current production models
The three that are still currently being made are a Dead Air Nomad (not the Ti version), a Ruger Alaskan 360, and a SilencerCo Scythe TI in jail.

I would recommend the Scythe-Ti or the Dead Air Nomad (non-Ti). Both suppress great and use the industry standard rear module so you can change them out for direct-thread or QD mount arrangements.

If you are on a bit more of a budget, I highly recommend the SilencerCo Harvester EVO. I have the older model Harvester. It works great. A good friend took possession of an EVO in July of last year and we have shot it on multiple guns. It is a heck of a value for what it does.

I shoot a banish 30 on my 300 wby. I dont see any downside. Love it. If I'm shooting more guns i go with the banish 460 ( think). It goes on my 450 bushmaster also. It too does a good job on sound and recoil

Before you go off the deep end on suppressors, figure out what you want and may want to suppress. Make a plan for what suppressors you will need so you don't invest time/money in ones that you will regret later. In particular, if you may want to swap between guns, decide on a mounting system which you can use across guns and suppressors.

I started with a Griffin Bushwacker 460 universal suppressor and standardized on Griffin's taper mount system. I've got around a dozen rifle set up with them now. I added a Silencerco Chimera as my workhorse 30cal suppressor. I've now got a Lahar-30K in the works and a SilencerCo Omega9k for 9mm pistol and 300BLK.

I highly recommend cans with "HUB" compatible, industry standard back ends, which gives you more options as to mounting.

I shoot my Weatherby's through my Thunder Beast Ultra 9 and I love it. Never had to tweak my loads and the level of suppression is impressive.
The Thunder Beast Ultra 7 and 9 look like exceptional suppressors…if you can find one.
If I could, I might buy one.

I use my Banish 30 in full size on my 300 Weatherby. It turned a good rifle into a great rifle, under 1" groups at 200 yards consistently.
I use it in "short" configuration on my 257 Weatherby ULW.

The TB Ultras appear to be lighter, and what I have noticed is that you WILL notice the weight of the suppressor hanging on the end of a 26 inch barrel. The Banish Backcountry looks appealing from a weight standpoint, but it reviews as "OK" on noise suppression.
Thus, the TB Ultras are on my list if they ever are available again.

I bought dilligent defence enticer L-Ti after looking at nomad l-ti and tabc ultra.

I bought dilligent defence enticer L-Ti after looking at nomad l-ti and tabc ultra.
I have a nomad LTi and DD STi. Lets assume the nomad - DD stuff is close.

Shot both this weekend on 6.5C. The LTi is quieter but not a ton.

DD Sti is impressive for the price and weight.

From my first hand experience omega=ultra7=DD Sti (I think the scythe will be in this bucket too). IMO these are all good mid level hearing safe (multiple shots) cans.