Dirty suppressor

AAC told me to use a 50/50 Simple Green to water solution and soak overnight for our sniper school cans. They also said not to use an ultra sonic cleaner as it would cause degradation issues.

I've never used a "can", but a military reserve friend of mine put me onto Simple Green. Cleans the firearm really good and smells great too! 😉 What's not to like? 😂 memtb

Last edited:
Would and Ultra-Sonic machine with a carbon solution work, without taking the can apart?
No I have ran my baffles through mine for several days and it didn't help. If you want to get it off I scrape my baffles off individually with a small screwdriver. Some of the baffles will be a quarter inch thick. I hate cleaning it it's a huge mess when I'm done.

I have a lane can too. I clean mine once a year roughly. I just soak it in hornady sonic cleaner over nite. Then I'll take it apart and scrape the carbon off with a screw driver.

Is it really a good idea (or legal) to pour lead, carbon and copper residue down your household drain? Those 22lr suppressors get really leaded up

The lead and copper flakes that come off are not water soluble, so putting them down the drain or in the trash really isn't that big of a deal. If you use the "dip" (see below) then you are creating lead acetate, which is extremely soluble and highly toxic. Don't put that stuff in the drain or even touch it.

I tried cleaning a can that had 6oz of carbon in it. Ran it in my ultra sonic cleaner for 10 30min cycles in a heated tub with dawn soap. It didn't take out anything. It's a Ti body with stainless baffles. I'm going to have to fill it with hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar to get it cleaned.

Doing the dip isn't going to do much to get rid of the carbon buildup in your can. That is to remove lead deposits on .22LR cans and produces lead acetate (see above). That stuff is nasty. Don't do it. For a Ti body with SS baffles, I would plug one end with CLR, fill it up, plug the other end, shake the ever-loving crap out of it every 5 minutes for 30 minutes, drain it all out, then put it in your ultrasonic with clean water for a cycle or two to rinse it. That should clean most of that out.

Lane told me with my can to not use clr since it's not a 100percent titanium mine is ti shell with the ss baffles.

Recent Posts