Dirty suppressor

I clean user serviceable (take down or monocore) with a cheap Amazon air soda blaster and baking soda outside the shop. Best thing I've found, especially those grimy rimfire cans.
Thunderbeast has a whole section somewhere on their recommendations for cleaning their sealed suppressors.

First time that I cleaned my SAS Ti, I learned that with CLR and an ultra sonic, it will eventually clean it. BUT it took days of soaking and many hours of ultra sonic to finally clean it. Towards the end of the cleaning is when chunks of hard carbon started breaking free.
Eventually took most of the coating on the outside of the suppressor off, but I don't care after seeing how much carbon was built up inside.

This stuff from Breakthrough clean is amazing. I have cleaned 3 cans with it so far and was shocked. One was an over used rimfire can that wet tumbling wouldn't take off. I used a piece of pvc and capped it. Soaked overnight and pur the gunk out.

This stuff from Breakthrough clean is amazing. I have cleaned 3 cans with it so far and was shocked. One was an over used rimfire can that wet tumbling wouldn't take off. I used a piece of pvc and capped it. Soaked overnight and pur the gunk out.

Is it really a good idea (or legal) to pour lead, carbon and copper residue down your household drain? Those 22lr suppressors get really leaded up

They claim in that it is inert and safe. I am not a chemist, I only know it works very well.
How is lead inert and safe when you dump it into potable water? Heck-- when christmas lights in California can cause cancer, lead in potable water system can't be good......😉

AAC told me to use a 50/50 Simple Green to water solution and soak overnight for our sniper school cans. They also said not to use an ultra sonic cleaner as it would cause degradation issues.

Recent Posts